My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

The same has happened to me. I have been posting furiously on the "community freesat" website. All recordings lost (from Xmas!!). Box has been near frozen for 2 days now. Its taken 2 days for it to tell me why it has deleted all my recordings - tells me I have to reformat the hard drive. But now its decided that I set up a pin on the box (I didnt) and I cannot reformat until I type in the pin. OF course I have no pin.

It all started 3 or 4 days ago. The box has been totally frozen (not just the remote, the box controls too) for days at a time during that period. Only last night did it sufficiently unfreeze to tell me why it has deleted all the recordings.

What disappoints me most is that there is clearly a major problem going on with alot of boxes, and Humax does not appear to have made any announcement to anyone. This level of support is unacceptable. I think I am returning the box at the weekend and moving across to Echostar.

I have the 1tb version, bought a couple of days before xmas, with the v16 software.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:41:34 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Default pin is 0000 (4 zeros's)

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:43:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

THank you. I will try that tonight. Meanwhile, is there any suggestion from anyone as to why so many people have suddenly experienced a mass hard drive corruption and/or box freezing? Lots of similar comments about freezing going onto the community freesat website.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:45:36 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

All I can state is that Humax Towers are certainly aware that some are having a problem, and they are investigating.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:49:43 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Barry. Can I ask? Do you work for humax? Just curious as to your
    link with them.

Do you have some special number that rings their bat phone in humax towers. Ha ha

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 19:06:10 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No I do not work for Humax.

I have been communicating with them for over 8 years, since the advent of the 8000T.

Bat phone

I can communicate directly through various means to those that can and do make a difference.

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 19:54:33 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

got home armed with the idea of using 0000 to use as the pin, clean or reformat the hard drive, and work out what to do with the box. the option for cleaning or reformatting the box has completely disappeared, and the box has miraculously started recording programmes again after a 4 day hiatus. but ive still lost my 20% of recordings from xmas.

any thoughts? how can the box have corrupted the hard drive, deleted all my recordings, frozen for 3/4 days, then fixed itself without me reformatting or repairing? is it right that i can only access the repair/reformat drive section if the box decides it has a problem?

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 22:54:21 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

clare - 45 minutes ago  » 
    got home armed with the idea of using 0000 to use as the pin, clean or reformat the hard drive, and work out what to do with the box. the option for cleaning or reformatting the box has completely disappeared, and the box has miraculously started recording programmes again after a 4 day hiatus. but ive still lost my 20% of recordings from xmas.
    any thoughts? how can the box have corrupted the hard drive, deleted all my recordings, frozen for 3/4 days, then fixed itself without me reformatting or repairing? is it right that i can only access the repair/reformat drive section if the box decides it has a problem?

If you delve into system settings when your not recording, you should find disc cleanup and formatting under storage/HDD. 
     I would just format it. 

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 23:40:04 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mark07

This has just happened to me this morning, fortunately not a lot on there that was important to keep but its still frustrating nonetheless. Strangely the HDD settings suggest the disc is still 25% used, so it knows there is data recorded on it but it cannot recognise it, supposedly that is why it needs a reformat. Looks like a disc registry error.

| Sat 26 Jan 2013 11:10:09 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

OMG ! This just happened to me an hour ago. Thought I would pop on here just to see if this was a one off problem but it looks like it's not. We just lost months & months worth of recordings, films, kids series, EVERYTHING.

I was already disappointed about the fact that there is NO YouTube option as advertised on the box or 4od, demand 5 but now I'm really P****d. When you pay over £270 you expect it to do what it says on the tin and NOT delete all of your recordings at 33% full.

Now I don't trust it to record and keep my recordings.

And as for HUMAX customer support... they don't even reply to any emails sent about this or about why it states on the box that you cant get YouTube.

I definitely will NOT be recommending HUMAX to anyone.

| Sat 26 Jan 2013 12:42:24 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.