My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlexAD

It's interesting, on the 25th, I will apply to the retail ombudsman, and it that doesn't work it will be a small claims court. I can't imagine the retailer or Humax would like that. If you like I can PM you my email address, then you can send me a copy of your emails that I can use as evidence.

| Fri 18 Mar 2016 19:52:56 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

AlexAD - 14 hours ago  » 
    It's interesting, on the 25th, I will apply to the retail ombudsman, and it that doesn't work it will be a small claims court. I can't imagine the retailer or Humax would like that. If you like I can PM you my email address, then you can send me a copy of your emails that I can use as evidence.

On what basis are you going to lodge a small claims action in the County Court?

| Sat 19 Mar 2016 10:36:34 #62 |
  3. Morini

Morini

AlexAD - 16 hours ago  » 

Please do that
    Andy

| Sat 19 Mar 2016 12:23:48 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dodie117

I know these posts are old but did anyone ever get a satisfactory reply from humax?? This just happened to me today and lost all saved recordings. A prompt came up saying disc not properly formatted and that it now had to be reformatted. No option but to turn off manually or press ok. Tried turning it off but still reappeared so eventually pressed ok. All recordings deleted.
    I have the machine for about 5 years and this is first time this has happened.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 0:44:34 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Dodie117 - 7 hours ago  » 
    I know these posts are old but did anyone ever get a satisfactory reply from humax?? This just happened to me today and lost all saved recordings. A prompt came up saying disc not properly formatted and that it now had to be reformatted. No option but to turn off manually or press ok. Tried turning it off but still reappeared so eventually pressed ok. All recordings deleted.
    I have the machine for about 5 years and this is first time this has happened.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:09:33 #65 |
  6. Morini

Morini

This is what happened: in the end they said send the machine back for repair. I did. It came back, worked for about two days then reverted to same as. I pressed them very hard and humax offered me a reconditioned machine , as long as I accepted it came with no guarantee. I accepted and it’s been perfect for 5 years.

There is no other manufacturer who makes what I want so I’m going to stick to humax. My fall-back is, the last time I looked Richer Sounds were offering the machine at a good price and for a further £20 would give a 7-year warranty. That’s what I’ll do when I have to.

Hope this helps

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 9:59:57 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dodie117

Ok. Thanks for the reply. It’s interesting to hear you say that no other machine does what you want. I may need to start researching and get a new one. Again, reply appreciated

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 12:34:35 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Morini - 5 hours ago  » 
    There is no other manufacturer who makes what I want so I’m going to stick to humax.

Humax stopped being a manufacturer of freesat boxes in 2019.

Morini - 5 hours ago  » 
    My fall-back is, the last time I looked Richer Sounds were offering the machine at a good price and for a further £20 would give a 7-year warranty. That’s what I’ll do when I have to.

The stock's of new Humax freesats went "out of stock" a while ago. The sole current manufacture's freesat boxes were months later to the market then freesat where hoping for, and this meant that new Humax stock where scarce by December 2019.

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 16:13:10 #68 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.