My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Morini - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice.
    Settings: only gives power options nothing for hard drive.
    HOWEVER, unit is now showing past recordings and is making new ones. Settings still gives no HD options. So the unit is now seeing the drive but will not give access to it.
    Why is it working again? No idea. Recordings seem to have stopped about two days after we left the house. I can only assume some event occurred (thunderstorm, power cut) which upset the unit.
    ALSO a bit of advice further up the thread suggested leaving the unit on Recordings -at the moment you have no recordings. So I did. Sometime in the last 4 hours the unit has accessed the drive again.
    So it's working, but I don't really understand why it stopped and why it has now restarted.. Doesn't give me a lot of faith in it though..........

The problem has been seen before - and is being investigated. So I understand. Hopefully a solution will be forthcoming soon.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 19:51:38 #51 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Morini - 18 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice.
    Settings: only gives power options nothing for hard drive.
    HOWEVER, unit is now showing past recordings and is making new ones. Settings still gives no HD options. .....

While the box is recording or within 15 minutes of a accurate recording, you can't access re-tuning or other options like HDD operations.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 11:35:55 #52 |
  3. Morini

Morini

It's about 20 days from any recording........

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 11:42:03 #53 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Morini - 18 minutes ago  » 
    It's about 20 days from any recording........

How have you managed to set a recording 20 days away when the epg is only for the next 7 days (other than a manual recording of course) ?

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 12:01:59 #54 |
  5. Morini

Morini

Because it was 20 days since the box recorded a programme even though many of them were series. Something occurred on approx 7 November which caused the box to stop recording even though all those programmes were in Planned section of recordings. It simply stopped seeing it's hard drive but gave no error message that his was the case, other than saying At the moment you have no recordings.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 18:05:03 #55 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Morini - 1 minute ago  » 
    Because it was 20 days since the box recorded a programme even though many of them were series. Something occurred on approx 7 November which caused the box to stop recording even though all those programmes were in Planned section of recordings. It simply stopped seeing it's hard drive but gave no error message that his was the case, other than saying At the moment you have no recordings.

Now completely baffled. In your post you said box is now making recordings ?

On sat 12th you posted

HOWEVER, unit is now showing past recordings and is making new ones. Settings still gives no HD options. So the unit is now seeing the drive but will not give access to it.

How can the last recording be 20 days ago if you can record again ?

Surely you should be ditching any recording reservations with nothing scheduled and replacing them.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 18:08:59 #56 |
  7. Morini

Morini

After 34 hours of working perfectly, recording programmes, playing then back, we're back here again >sigh<

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 21:54:15 #57 |
  8. Morini

Morini

So last night we were back to you have no recordings, 0% disc space used. Two scheduled recordings were not made. This morning all the recordings are back, 47% disc space used. So sporadically the unit is not accessing it's hard drive, and the to guide is not able to activate it for recording.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 17:00:37 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlexAD

Hi this is my first post, I joined the forum to say me too. My box, Humax 1010s, was exactly 1 year old, when it came up with no recordings. I do not use the app.

I raised the problem with the retailer they told me to ask Humax. Humax ignored my first email. I then sent an email to the retailer, complaining about the lack of a response from Humax.

Humax responded to the second email asking about the use of the humax app. I told them I do not use it. Its now been a few weeks and I get the impression that not a lot is happening. The recordings briefly return for a day, then were gone again.

Has anyone had any luck with getting this fixed?

| Thu 17 Mar 2016 10:37:20 #59 |
  10. Morini

Morini

Same thing. I have found the best thing to do is go into the power settings and stop it turning itself off. If you leave it powered on all the time the lost recording thing happens less. Got an email months ago from Humax telling me they were aware of the problem and investigating it. Also please stop posting about the problem in online forums! Doesn't give you a whole heap of confidence......

| Thu 17 Mar 2016 12:17:44 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.