My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost sound picture is fine

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagransiete

It has happened to me twice so far .I got up in the morning put the and Freesat box on and no sound .The first time it happened I switched everything off and the sound returned later only for the issue to recur today. It doesn't matter whether its HD SD or any recorded programme of on-demand.
    I run everything via an AVR which I use as a hub but despite altering the HDMI connections the problems persist whilst other devices work fine.I did have a problem with the AVR lost sound wise but had it repaired so given the fact other devices are working I concluded the problem is with the Freesat box itself, but I cannot think what.The settings are as they were.Any suggestions? thanks

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:08:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. If you connect the box toslink output to your AV receiver does that give you audio.? If you change to a different HDMI input on your AVR and back to the box does that restore audio ? Guessing it's some sort of handshake issue. What make and model is the AVR ? Not had any similar issues with my Yamaha RX-A840 and HDR-1000S.

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:24:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagransiete

Denon AVR x3300 .No I haven't tried a tosslink but can do that later .Ditto reconnecting HDMI tp its original input

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:27:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagransiete

very strange but the sound has returned again.Its almost as though it some sort of timer for the sound alone which cannot be superseded

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:34:29 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lagransiete - 5 minutes ago  » 
    very strange but the sound has returned again.Its almost as though it some sort of timer for the sound alone which cannot be superseded

It might be worth trying a different hdmi input on the Denon. They sometimes have slightly different setup on some inputs. I was told this when talking to Yamaha about a handshake issue with a blue-ray player.

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:42:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagransiete

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

lagransiete - 5 minutes ago  » 

It might be worth trying a different hdmi input on the Denon. They sometimes have slightly different setup on some inputs. I was told this when talking to Yamaha about a handshake issue with a blue-ray player.

I tried that before. Went from CBL/Sat input to DVD .I guess I could go back to CBL

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 14:08:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lagransiete

Very strange.I changed the in outs so that my Freesat box is now connected directly to the TV and my Youview box is now connected to the AVR together with all other devices.Not exactly how I wanted it but at least I am getting sound all-round. I still don't understand why` the Humax wasn't working as it should but at least I know it is not faulty or the AVR for that matter, just didn't quite work together

| Sun 14 Jan 2018 16:57:41 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.