My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Machine won't switch on

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Something is not working properly.

Is it the TV is wrong? In other words, give the Humax a TV which works properly, and the Humax will work properly.

Or is the Humax is wrong? In other words, even if I give it a TV which is working properly, the Humax still has the problem?

Or will the software update be designed to cope with badly designed TVs by, for example, ignoring the ON/OFF signals sent from the TV via HDMI?

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:46:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JohnH77 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Something is not working properly.
    Is it the TV is wrong? In other words, give the Humax a TV which works properly, and the Humax will work properly.
    Or is the Humax is wrong? In other words, even if I give it a TV which is working properly, the Humax still has the problem?
    Or will the software update be designed to cope with badly designed TVs by, for example, ignoring the ON/OFF signals sent from the TV via HDMI?

Now if only there was a standard...

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:56:21 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

Not necessarily a TV CEC problem. My 8 year old Sony LCD does not have any CEC capability and I have this issue regularly. Would have hoped for a firmware update by now.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 13:02:46 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

gorses - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Not necessarily a TV CEC problem. My 8 year old Sony LCD does not have any CEC capability and I have this issue regularly. Would have hoped for a firmware update by now.

Agreed, the fact that the HDMI-CEC implementations are problematic does not rule out a Humax bug.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 13:11:45 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.