My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Machine won't switch on

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MORRIS

I have recently bought a new FVT 4000T but one particular problem I have is that when the machine is set to record a program and starts recording, the light is red but I am unable to switch on, i.e. to blue,4000 in order to watch another program. The helpline has so far not been of much assistance apart from saying that the 'CEC' needs to be turned off, whatever that means. Unless I can resolve this problem I shall have to return the recorder as faulty. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards, Karl.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 14:10:45 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

CEC - Consumer electronics control

Will be a setting on your TV, known under different names depending on manufacturer..eg

Panasonic- Viera link
    Sony - Bravia link, or sync
    Samsung - Anynet+

If I have not mentioned your make of TV then reply with manufacturer.

Edit see other threads with same issue:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/unable-to-turn-fvp-4000t-on-intermittently

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/failure-to-turn-on-when-timer-recording

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 14:22:40 #2 |
  3. Davygogs

Davygogs

Barry can you add Hitachi to that list in case i come across this problem in the future. Cheers

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 15:18:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davygogs - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Barry can you add Hitachi to that list in case i come across this problem in the future. Cheers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC

Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), INlink (Insignia), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi)

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 15:20:45 #4 |
  5. Davygogs

Davygogs

Much appreciated.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 15:25:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

The solution is either:

1 Remove the HDMI cable completely, and connect the Humax RCA terminals to the composite input on your TV (3 cables), and have a poor quality picture; or

2 Use HDMI, but disable any HDMI Sitch on/switch off capability on your TV.

It seems that the HDMI control signals from some brands of TV confuse the PVR-4000T. Humax expects to release a software update soon to fix it.

Not surprisingly I think this is the best post to describe the problem FVP-4000T will not "activate" with remote control - the poster is obvioulsy intelligent, articulate and, I expect, handsome too.

| Mon 18 Jan 2016 22:28:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

JohnH77
    the poster is obvioulsy intelligent, articulate and, I expect, handsome too.

You forgot to mention - delusional.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 10:24:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

You cheeky b*gger!

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:53:12 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JohnH77 - 13 hours ago  » 
    The solution is either:
    1 Remove the HDMI cable completely, and connect the Humax RCA terminals to the composite input on your TV (3 cables), and have a poor quality picture; or
    2 Use HDMI, but disable any HDMI Sitch on/switch off capability on your TV.
    It seems that the HDMI control signals from some brands of TV confuse the PVR-4000T. Humax expects to release a software update soon to fix it.
    Not surprisingly I think this is the best post to describe the problem FVP-4000T will not "activate" with remote control - the poster is obvioulsy intelligent, articulate and, I expect, handsome too.

CEC control is seriously flawed in most cases. The auto port selection is not the issue. The problem is that the system is designed to switch off the TV when the connected device is turned off and vice versa. There are many cases where this not what you want. Simple example is where you have a seperate audio system and want to listen to the radio channels. If you turn off your TV your box goes off

There is a simple adaptor that will disable cec control capability on a HDMI cable so you can disable it on specific inputs.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female/dp/B00DL48KVI/?tag=blusas008-21

It's because of the lack of control over the cec options provided by TV makers that this adaptor is made. On more expensive kit you can disable CEC power control and retain auto port selection. My high end Panasonic TV has this capability.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:21:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 

CEC control is seriously flawed in most cases. The auto port selection is not the issue. The problem is that the system is designed to switch off the TV when the connected device is turned off and vice versa. There are many cases where this not what you want.

Hear hear.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 12:29:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.