My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unable to turn FVP 4000T on - intermittently!

(24 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Humax is a few months old and has started to not always respond to the remote when I try to switch on. The red LED changes to blue for a few seconds and sometimes there is audio and visual on TV, but Humax goes off again. Book says remote batteries are to blame but I have checked those with a meter. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks, Roger

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 13:26:54 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Suggesting this as another user had issues with remote repeating commands.

Try just a very quick press of the power button on the remote.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 13:49:40 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thanks Barry - I will try that when it next behaves in that way. As I say it is not consistent so this sounds plausible. R-

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 14:01:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See also Failure to turn on when timer recording (especially post 33 and 74) and similar posts. This seems to be caused by the HDMI implementation and has been reported to Humax.

Also try switching on the TV first - it will show you what the PVR is doing.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 18:08:59 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thanks John, I've posted on your linked suggestion. Appreciate the steer. R-

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 11:33:50 #5 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

This post deliberately duplicates one I have made in a similar thread. Moderator please feel free to move/delete/adjust as appropriate. R-
    ----------------------------------------------------

Just has a call from the technical chap of the supplier I got the Humax from who has suggested disabling the default power settings (HOME>SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>POWER MANAGEMENT) by making both AUTO POWER DOWN and POWER SAVING IN STANDBY = OFF. I've changed mine and offer this advice to anyone else who has this issue. I'll let you know how I get on. R-

| Mon 11 Jan 2016 16:56:49 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

After two nights watching a trying to make the Humax fall over I am happy to report that all is well. The fix suggested above is working (up until the next update anyway) and this is one happy bunny. Also just got hold of the Remote Control app which is fine. No better than the normal remote (except for entering search text) though. Now, anyone know the current draw of the 4000T when on blue light, as I now have to turn it off manually each night! R-

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 13:57:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeches13

I have just bought a 4000T and managed to solve most set up problems by trial and error. However, I have found it impossible to "wake up" the machine in the morning, either via the remote (batteries checked) or the set top button. The only way has been to switch off and on again at the mains after which everything is ok.

Would be grateful for advice please - the simpler the better!

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 8:40:40 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Hi Beeches - have you tried making the adjustments I have outlined in my post #6 above? R-

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 8:43:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeches13

Many thanks - will try.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 8:54:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.