My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unable to turn FVP 4000T on - intermittently!

(24 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Your welcome - I expect a software fix will occur soon. R-

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 10:27:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

RogerB - 2 hours ago  » 
    Your welcome - I expect a software fix will occur soon. R-

I wonder. If the workaround suggested by Humax is to turn off power saving in standby, they may have their work cut out for them to come up with a fix that can live with low-energy settings.

A problem very apparent on YouView boxes, where "turn off low energy standby" (known on YouView as "High Eco Mode") has been adopted as the only solution.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 12:59:13 #12 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Just to clarify - the suggestion to disable power saving settings came from the company I got the box from, not Humax. R-

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 18:32:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Thanks for the correction - I misread. Apologies.

So the second sentence in my post should say something like:

"If the workaround is to turn off power saving in standby, Humax may have their work cut out for them to come up with a fix that can live with low-energy settings."

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 18:51:52 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Beeches13

However, I have found it impossible to "wake up" the machine in the morning, either via the remote (batteries checked) or the set top button.

Try disabling any "auotmatic ON/OFF" HDMI (CEC?) protocol on the TV, or unplug the HDMI cable fully, and connect by (poor quality) composite using 3 x cables and the Humax RCA outputs instead.

On some TV-Humax combinations (my Panasonic Viera for one) the HDMI protocol somehow seems to be at fault, whether in the TV or the Humax is not known and causes this.

See other forum posts including #6 and #9 in Machine won't switch on

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 19:02:00 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

It has just done it tonight.

I was connected by both HDMI and by RCA (Composite) cables and neither signal appeared on the TV when the Humax woould not come out of standby, though I could get the volume sliders to appear. I had Viera Link set to OFF on the TV.

I unplugged the HDMI cable and it made no difference, so it did not look like it was the HDMI signal - but see later. It would not come out of standby when I switched channels. I had been recording since I last used it - the other post refers to the problem being caused by its having been recording.

It was BWS time - big white switch on the wall after which it rebooted and was perfect.

But I then lost the picture when I turned the Humax round so as to see the cables at the back!! I found that wiggling - it's a technical term - the HDMI cable plug at the back of the Humax broke up the signal and I lost both sound and picture leading me to wonder if some people are having problems because the HDMI plug is not fully inserted. It could even have been my problem tonight.

I do still find the remote control repeat very quick - I am for ever sending repeat actions - pressing GUIDE often does not bring it up because I have sent the signal twice.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 23:34:29 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeches13

Thanks Roger B - your suggestion in #6 worked fine. Actually, I was only able to apply half the solution because the "power settings in standby" would not turn off - kept reverting to On

Many thanks

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 10:09:41 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Beeches13 - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Roger B - your suggestion in #6 worked fine. Actually, I was only able to apply half the solution because the "power settings in standby" would not turn off - kept reverting to On

Interesting. Is some other setting controlling it I wonder. E.g. "power saving in standby" must be ON unless <someothersetting> is ON or OFF.

You would expect it to be the other way round - PSIS reverts to OFF.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 11:02:08 #18 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Interesting Beaches - does it make any difference if you alter AUTO POWER OFF first, and then the PSIS settings? R-

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 13:24:24 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 

Beeches13 - 46 minutes ago  » 

Interesting. Is some other setting controlling it I wonder. E.g. "power saving in standby" must be ON unless <someothersetting> is ON or OFF.
    You would expect it to be the other way round - PSIS reverts to OFF.

Default setting on all Humax boxes

Power Saving In Standby - On.

I imagine that would apply to other makes as well.

As the issue appears to relate to when the box is recording, so not actually in standby, it would seem to be not relevant.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 13:33:14 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.