My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Make the On/Off/Recording LED easier to see.

(23 posts)
  1. HughieDad

HughieDad

My FVP-5000T sits on top of a hi-fi unit, exactly at eye level, and I can see right through, underneath. Unfortunately, this means I cannot see the LED indicator which, in a classic example of style over function, shines downwards onto the surface below. So I've cut a piece of white card, about 30mm long and 10mm wide, and taped it to the underside of the PVR. I've folded the last 10mm of the card downwards, at 45 degrees, so the LED reflects forwards. As the photos show, it's very effective.

Attachments

1. HumaxLEDFix2.jpg (51.9 KB, 140 downloads) 6 years old
    2. HumaxLEDFix1.jpg (67.5 KB, 130 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 10 Nov 2017 12:44:12 #1 |
  2. Norrette

Norrette

My kit is on black glass (much lower than eye level) - but the same problem. I've put a sheet of white paper under the box. Your's looks better.

| Fri 10 Nov 2017 14:06:08 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Good idea. Wasn't it great when the Humax boxes had a clock on the front? This is my "fix" R-

Attachments

1. IMG_2449.JPG (882.9 KB, 92 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 10 Nov 2017 16:48:40 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Reminds me of my current mobile phone wireless charger stand which has the status lights on the back where they cannot be seen from where I sit. My solution is to have my Harmony remote control charging stand next to it and slightly further back which reflects the lights in my direction.

| Fri 10 Nov 2017 17:36:16 #4 |
  5. HughieDad

HughieDad

RogerB - 2 days ago  » 
    Good idea. Wasn't it great when the Humax boxes had a clock on the front? This is my "fix" R-

Nice timer upgrade, though a bit over engineered? I'll be glad to take the old PVR-9300T to the recycling centre, clock and all. Just waiting for HughieMom to clear it of Casualtys & Holbys. I might even dust the units, once it's gone!

| Mon 13 Nov 2017 15:47:20 #5 |
  6. Norrette

Norrette

RogerB - 1 week ago  » 

ROFL!

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 13:43:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

I put two of those slightly thicker felt pads you get for putting under the likes of ornaments etc to stop scratching, on each original corner front, It raises the front of the unit up slightly so you can see the duel LED and helps project the 'glow'. You could also use a small piece of mosaic mirror tile to bounce the LED outwards.

| Thu 23 Nov 2017 17:52:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

It is weird that this box was designed and released with such a basic and obvious defect. Not only can this light not be seen but if you do manage to make it "seeable" the light when switched off and recording seems the same colour as when it is switched on, whether recording or not.

The question that this issue raises, is if this is the best they can do with the more obvious and avoidable "cosmetics" what hope is there for the more important features.

| Thu 23 Nov 2017 18:28:56 #8 |
  9. HughieDad

HughieDad

With my paper fix I see a red stripe when OFF, a blue stripe when ON and both red and blue stripes when OFF & REC. Without the paper fix the red and blue colours are designed to merge into magenta (or purple, as they call it).

| Thu 23 Nov 2017 18:50:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Perhaps Humax should supply the box with a piece of paper and a set of instructions.

| Thu 23 Nov 2017 18:57:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.