My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Make the On/Off/Recording LED easier to see.

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Stephenesque- that's really interesting as I'm the complete opposite. I like to be able to see at a quick glance if something is recording (as sometimes with tech I don't always trust it to be doing what it's meant to).

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:33:05 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Without being able to see the led it's easy to leave the box on and you aren't sure if you have turned it off. Box in sby uses less than 0.5W and around 30W while on. Over an extended period that will cost you.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:36:11 #22 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Christina2018 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Stephenesque- that's really interesting as I'm the complete opposite. I like to be able to see at a quick glance if something is recording (as sometimes with tech I don't always trust it to be doing what it's meant to).

I have everything I want on series record and use a cheap TV guide to set all my additional recordings for the week. I then just forget about it, and in the three years I've had the FVP-4000T it has rarely let me down.

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    Without being able to see the led it's easy to leave the box on and you aren't sure if you have turned it off. Box in sby uses less than 0.5W and around 30W while on. Over an extended period that will cost you.

I see what you mean, but everything I watch on TV is from a recording on the Humax, so I know when the FVP-4000T is on, because there is a picture on my TV screen. When it's off a 'No Signal' message appears on the screen, and when I see this I switch off the TV at the wall socket, as there's no on/off switch on the set.

I also have the Humax's power saving switched 'On', so it would be on for a maximum of 4 hours before going to standby, if I were to make a mistake.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 14:51:45 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.