My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media File Audio O/P Problems..pictures no sound

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Hi all, becoming happier with my new 11002 day by day.

Had some audio problems which turned out to be a dodgy optical cable. Sorted now...but still having some sudio o/p issues with downloaded movies that provide perfect video o/p but some are entirely missing audio.

I feel fairly sure the format of the movie files is conflicting with the audio formats capableof being handled by the 1100s.

Was just hoping anyone could share formats that the 1100s can support and also any methods of converting films in formats not currently working on the 1100s. Appreciate any advice or links to data helping to understand that.

Thanks in advance

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 15:11:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ac3 (dolby digital) and MP2 are definitely supported as these are the audio codecs used by HD and SD broadcasts natively. AAC is probably supported, I will check that later for you.

MediaInfo (a free download will tell all there is to know about your media files). Select treeview for the full details.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 15:31:29 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

1080p24 files with AAC audio in .mkv and .mp4 containers play with audio on my HDR1000S. Note the audio is handled by a Yamaha AV receiver, a TV may not be able to handle the audio you have on your files.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 16:16:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Cheers Graham....just downloading now to try that. Not entirely sure what format my failed media audio files are to be honest do this will definitely help. Going to check that now and see.Thanks

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 16:21:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 
    1080p24 files with AAC audio in .mkv and .mp4 containers play with audio on my HDR1000S. Note the audio is handled by a Yamaha AV receiver, a TV may not be able to handle the audio you have on your files.

Hi Graham, the amp handling the 1100s o/p is a Pioneer Ax10i: http://www.pioneer.eu/files/brochures/04_HE_AX10/04_HE_AX10_EN.pdf

I think it has pretty much everything possible before HDMI came to town. I have no TV o/p as such, everything goes through the AX10i. It's a pain not having HDMI and a lot of compromise is needed to get the right o/p but I think audio wise it should be able handle most things....I think.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 17:20:42 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 13 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 

Hi Graham, the amp handling the 1100s o/p is a Pioneer Ax10i: http://www.pioneer.eu/files/brochures/04_HE_AX10/04_HE_AX10_EN.pdf
    I think it has pretty much everything possible before HDMI came to town. I have no TV o/p as such, everything goes through the AX10i. It's a pain not having HDMI and a lot of compromise is needed to get the right o/p but I think audio wise it should be able handle most things....I think.

AAC might be an issue. Mine is a new Yamaha aventage with loads of HDMI inputs. Lots of software to convert aac to ac3. You can remux with TSmuxergui (free).

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 17:36:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Ahhh and yes off the top of my head, I think the files are indeed ACC.....ok thanks for the heads up. Indeed I have a copy of TSmuxer.

Will have a go at that later and let you know. Super stuff

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 18:25:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Hi Graham.....think problem is exactly as you mention...AAC files.

Just to pick your brains for a minute please....have TSmuxer already installed....can't remember why but stuggling to see what output options I would elect to convert the video file to a format that would have sound via the 1100s / Ax10i.

Grateful for a hand hold on the settings. Cheers

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 14:56:01 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham.....think problem is exactly as you mention...AAC files.
    Just to pick your brains for a minute please....have TSmuxer already installed....can't remember why but stuggling to see what output options I would elect to convert the video file to a format that would have sound via the 1100s / Ax10i.
    Grateful for a hand hold on the settings. Cheers

TSmuxer won't fix the aac issue on it's own. You need to create a separate ac3 audio file from the original video file (.ac3).

Once you have this open the original file in TSmuxer (my version ignores aac audio) in any case deselect the imported audio track. Use the add button to add the .ac3 file to the mux. Remux to a .ts container. You may have to adjust the lip synch before muxing, if so try +100.

I use a FLV audio converter package that wasn't free and is now superceded.

If you give me 10 mins or so I will try Audacity to see if it will convert.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 15:09:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

No rush at all graham but would appreciate that.

Also I read Handbrake was useful for this and am running a test on that as we speak.

Think once I have a step process I will be fine. Appreciate you taking to time to help.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 15:28:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.