My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media File Audio O/P Problems..pictures no sound

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    No rush at all graham but would appreciate that.
    Also I read Handbrake was useful for this and am running a test on that as we speak.
    Think once I have a step process I will be fine. Appreciate you taking to time to help.

Audacity with FFmpeg plug in is very slow and only outputs mono. Can you confirm containers used, there are several .MKV aac to ac3 freeware converters. I can do it with video editing software which isn't free and quite expensive.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 15:40:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 1 month ago  » 

Also I read Handbrake was useful for this and am running a test on that as we speak.
    Think once I have a step process I will be fine. Appreciate you taking to time to help.

Audacity with FFmpeg plug in is very slow and only outputs mono. Can you confirm containers used, there are several .MKV aac to ac3 freeware converters. I can do it with video editing software which isn't free and quite expensive.

Graham hi there and my apologies for mot replying sooner. A little distracted with other things just now but did not want you to think I'd forgotten. Is it ok if I come back to you a little later when I can re-focus on this one? Appreciate your time supporting and apologies again

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 19:38:06 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 8 minutes ago  » 

Graham hi there and my apologies for mot replying sooner. A little distracted with other things just now but did not want you to think I'd forgotten. Is it ok if I come back to you a little later when I can re-focus on this one? Appreciate your time supporting and apologies again

No problem. Since found that Winff (a GUI interface for FFmpeg) will convert aac to stereo ac3.

http://winff.org/html_new/downloads.html

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 19:48:27 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

atacama40 - 8 minutes ago  » 

No problem. Since found that Winff (a GUI interface for FFmpeg) will convert aac to stereo ac3.
    http://winff.org/html_new/downloads.html

Hi Graham, thanks for that. Yes have to confess whilst not being able spend too long on the conversation tools and learning I'm still very keen to do so although had no real success yet. Most likely as a result of not spending enough time.

Just had a the quickest of looks at this one you kindly sent the link for. Am I right in thinking that its aimed at taking MKV files with ACC audio and outputting them as MP4 with AC3 audio?

Just struggling a little to see what settings I should make. The test file I am trying is an MKV with 720p.264.AC3 in the file naming. Have to confess that although using these files a bit that I'm not fully familiar with the technical reasoning. But absolutely certain now that issue is exactly as you mentioned earlier in that the 1100S cannot process ACC audio. Think soon as I can process one file using one of these tools then I'll be away. Thanks again

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 21:11:56 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's aac audio. There is no need to convert the video, just change the audio track.

Suppose you have a file called test.ts. Winff will create a seperate audio file test.ac3. Open test.ts in TSmuxergui and you will get a message that one track (the aac audio) is ignored. Use the add button to load test.ac3. Depending on what you want to do with the output choose a suitable output format, tell the software where to save the output and what to call it. Click on start muxing. If the file you have is smaller than say 4.5GB you can use the AVCHD folder output option. You can then use IMGburn to burn the folder to a DVD blank which will play in full HD using a Bluray player.

Or just output as a new video file.

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 21:19:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Graham hi there. At last I had time to try and learn the tool you kindly pointed me towards. Brilliant....Winff is spot on once you have invested a short while in it.

Have to say this has taken all the audio problems away. Many many thanks for your patience and guidance .... really is working a treat. I've even got it working in batch mode...my laptop has never worked so hard

All the best

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 9:58:27 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.