My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

media file server bundle

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

So the folder name beginning with . and containing .tac files does not need to be/should not be moved from the internal hard drive to the external drive? I note that these folders do not appear on the external hard drive for files moved via the foxsat interface. Are these something to do with the encryption?

Re the moving files issue, I was a precaution copying and intending to go back and delete from internal hard drive once I could successfully see the files in the location to which I had moved them.

[/quote]Raydon has a utility called AV2HDR to create the required support files from suitable video files so that the Foxsat will play them back.[quote] So this needs to be done for all files that are moved to an external hard drive? Is this an available plugin?

Sorry for all the questions. Just need to get up and running then will fall back on the manuals/documentation.

Thanks

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:35:13 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 4 minutes ago  » 
    So the folder name beginning with . and containing .tac files does not need to be/should not be moved from the internal hard drive to the external drive? I note that these folders do not appear on the external hard drive for files moved via the foxsat interface. Are these something to do with the encryption?
    Re the moving files issue, I was a precaution copying and intending to go back and delete from internal hard drive once I could successfully see the files in the location to which I had moved them.
    [/quote]Raydon has a utility called AV2HDR to create the required support files from suitable video files so that the Foxsat will play them back.[quote] So this needs to be done for all files that are moved to an external hard drive? Is this an available plugin?
    Sorry for all the questions. Just need to get up and running then will fall back on the manuals/documentation.
    Thanks

You only need AV2HDR to make video files that were not recorded by the Foxsat-HDR compatible with playback using the Foxsat. eg Files from a HD camcorder or content downloaded from the internet, HD slide shows made from your own photographs etc. The .tac files are the small thumbnail images used for the chapter thumbnails. If you delete them the Foxsat will recreate them during overnight housekeeping.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:43:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Thanks Graham. I do hope it is ok to keep asking these questions. The answers are very helpful. Please say if not.

OK. I have not yet wanted to try playing anything not recorded on the foxsat itself. That's for another day!

All I am trying to do at the moment is:
    Copy files in windows (1) initially on internal hard drive and then (2) from internal to external hard drive and then (3) confirm that they play ok.

So far I have copied 2 stray individual files into a pre existing folder containing the 3rd file in the series (all on the internal foxsat hard drive). In the web interface the copied files appear with the third in the fodler as I expected.

On the foxsat they still show in the media list as separated, i.e. the original folder containing one file and the other two still listed individually.

Have I done something wrong?

I have tried rebooting the foxsat but they still appear as above.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 19:00:47 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I do hope it is ok to keep asking these questions. The answers are very helpful. Please say if not.
    OK. I have not yet wanted to try playing anything not recorded on the foxsat itself. That's for another day!
    All I am trying to do at the moment is:
    Copy files in windows (1) initially on internal hard drive and then (2) from internal to external hard drive and then (3) confirm that they play ok.
    So far I have copied 2 stray individual files into a pre existing folder containing the 3rd file in the series (all on the internal foxsat hard drive). In the web interface the copied files appear with the third in the fodler as I expected.
    On the foxsat they still show in the media list as separated, i.e. the original folder containing one file and the other two still listed individually.
    Have I done something wrong?
    I have tried rebooting the foxsat but they still appear as above.

Totally confused. Why are you trying to copy files from a Foxsat drive to a usb connected drive connected to the Foxsat using your PC you can do this on any Foxsat other than the ones that have the copy once flag set. The CF allows you to copy files directly to your PC or any usb drive attached to your PC (any file system including NTFS can be on the drive attached to your PC if the PC supports it). SD ones can then be played back on your PC using media player software like VLC. Files copied to a usb drive connected to the Foxsat can be played back in the same way as if they were still on the internal disk on any Foxsat (including encrypted copied files). Not entirely sure what you are trying to do ? Are you trying to re-organise the folders on your internal drive ?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 19:26:40 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

OK sorry. Yes. I was under the impression that it would be easier to organise the files using the interface on PC than it would be on the foxsat which takes and age and is very fiddly.

That is all I am trying to do.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 20:04:24 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 31 minutes ago  » 
    OK sorry. Yes. I was under the impression that it would be easier to organise the files using the interface on PC than it would be on the foxsat which takes and age and is very fiddly.
    That is all I am trying to do.

All you have to do is access the internal drive in Windows Explorer and create the Folders you want and move the files into them just like any other folder using the standard SHIFT and CRTL to multiselect files (You can open multiple windows to the same location). You will need to install the fixfilepaths package because the .htm file contains the path to the original file location. Fixefilepaths scans the drive for incorrectly addressed files and corrects the .hmt entries so they appear as recordings again. If you have only a few electing to rename the file (you do not have to change anything) this will auto correct the location.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 20:44:06 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Thank you. The there files are now showing all in the same folder on the foxsat.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 22:27:56 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Hi

I now have a folder, created via transfer on the foxsat, that I am unable to delete. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 8:57:51 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    I now have a folder, created via transfer on the foxsat, that I am unable to delete. Is there a way of doing this?
    Thanks

Assuming the folder is empty, can't you delete it using Windows Explorer by selecting it and pressing delete ?

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 9:45:54 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

That's where I am trying to do it.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 9:49:36 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.