My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

media file server bundle

(28 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 34 minutes ago  » 
    That's where I am trying to do it.

If you right click and choose properties and then advanced what does windows say about the folder ? Can you see the folder using the normal User Interface ? If you can, can you delete it using File Manager (Red Button) ?

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 10:30:45 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Properties shows 'Special Permissions' for the \\FoxSat-HDR\root

As far as I am aware it will not delete from the foxsat interface either. But I will try again when my copy operation has completed.

Under 'access permissions' the two listings for foxsat root (presumably internal and external hard drives) show differently, one has 'read & execute' and the other has 'full control'.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 18:24:50 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kevvyb - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Properties shows 'Special Permissions' for the \\FoxSat-HDR\root
    As far as I am aware it will not delete from the foxsat interface either. But I will try again when my copy operation has completed.
    Under 'access permissions' the two listings for foxsat root (presumably internal and external hard drives) show differently, one has 'read & execute' and the other has 'full control'.

Is the folder in the Video partition of the Foxsat ?. At a guess it needs super user access from a linux booted PC (SUDO). Someone more familiar with the Linux OS may know the answer.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 18:48:08 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Hi Thank you. Actually the file is on the external hard drive connected to the foxsat. It is a sub-folder in a folder I created in the sda1 folder.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 22:31:37 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

OK. Tried to delete both in windows explorer and on foxsat. Message is the same. "Cannot delete due to file restrictions."

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 2:58:19 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sda1 is not a folder it's the Linux name for the drive partition. Clicking on it opens the drive to the root (same as clicking on C: in windows).

I would get a Linux boot usb stick or CD and boot the PC into Linux and connect the drive to the PC and delete the folder if you really want to get rid (as the drive is only used for data I imagine you could just ignore it). You will likely need to use the Sudo command to get the permissions t delete it.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 10:30:26 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevvyb

Hi Posting here as Foxsat HDR forum closed.

I have ne external gard drive attached to my box. Can I use the usb port one front to connect a second external hard drive at the same time and switch between them?

Thanks in advance

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 23:49:32 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes you can. But the forum with full support for the Foxsat-HDR is not closed.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-6.2024876/

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 0:11:03 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.