My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share problem

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Hi all,
    I woundered if any of you have come accross this problem ?
    I have the humax box connected to my local network and it can see and play music / videos direct from my pc, but when I add new files to the shared folder on the pc the the humax box does not see the new files.
    everytime you go into the media side of the Hmax it give the impression that it is scanning the folders,
    is there a way to clear its cache and get it to rescan I know this would be a work arond as realy it should see the files.

(Just for info my xbox sees the new files so I know its not the pc, and the file formats are the same)

cheers
    Dave

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 12:31:20 #1 |
  2. chrisund123

chrisund123

The humax can only see what the DLNA server is presenting to it - are you sure the DLNA server has successfully indexed the new files?

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 12:56:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisund123 - 2 hours ago  » 
    The humax can only see what the DLNA server is presenting to it - are you sure the DLNA server has successfully indexed the new files?

If it hadn't indexed them, how could the XBox see them?

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 15:42:40 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

I know nothing about XBOX's, so can't comment on that, but I have had my 1000S not showing media - and it's always displayed properly after the DLNA server has re-syncned/re-indexed itself. I've used Plex, and the built in DLNA server on my Synology DS212J.

What DLNA server are you using?

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 16:16:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

the files are in a 'Public folder' on my pc and I am just using the standard windows network sharing.

If I make any changes to the files in the folder the xbox and my android phone see the changes but not the humax
    this is what is making me think it is storing the contents of the folder in a cache somewhere.

Interesting point if I delete a file then the humax sees that change ?

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 17:04:22 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bluealien - 3 hours ago  » 
    the files are in a 'Public folder' on my pc and I am just using the standard windows network sharing.
    If I make any changes to the files in the folder the xbox and my android phone see the changes but not the humax
    this is what is making me think it is storing the contents of the folder in a cache somewhere.
    Interesting point if I delete a file then the humax sees that change ?

Strandard network sharing in not DLNA. Set then up in Windows Media Player which is.

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 20:48:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

bit confused I am running windows 7 on my pc which has a built in DNLA server for the media streaming / sharing

The files are in widows media player and if I start media centre then they are there as well,
    the xbox is a media centre player so sees the media player file list and al the changes.

on the Humax box I select (for films )
    media share / videos / folders / (my shared folder)

All the files in the folder play fine through the Humax box.

If I delete a file in the folder then it is no longer shown when I browse to the folder again.

It is new files that are added to the folder that the Humax box does not see.
    Also if I rename a file that I have previously played that is also now missing from the list.

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 2:24:27 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bluealien - 7 hours ago  » 
    bit confused I am running windows 7 on my pc which has a built in DNLA server for the media streaming / sharing
    The files are in widows media player and if I start media centre then they are there as well,
    the xbox is a media centre player so sees the media player file list and al the changes.
    on the Humax box I select (for films )
    media share / videos / folders / (my shared folder)
    All the files in the folder play fine through the Humax box.
    If I delete a file in the folder then it is no longer shown when I browse to the folder again.
    It is new files that are added to the folder that the Humax box does not see.
    Also if I rename a file that I have previously played that is also now missing from the list.

I think WMP may need to index the file first. Start it up and see if the file appears.

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 10:17:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Thanks Repassac,

I got WMP to reload the file list in and when I used to humax box to view it the box crashed and restarted
    I have now deleted all the libraries in WMP and recretrated them the humax box now sees all the files so the next step will be to add a file to the list and see what happens.

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 12:58:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

well the humax now see's all the video files and update when I add or delete files
    but now it will not see any music files ? the correct locations are set in WMP and in the 'Libraries' but when you select music you just get an empty folder
    any ideas

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 17:07:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.