My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share problem

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB

For what it's worth, you're not the only one. My HD1000S won't stream my content from my NAS. Admittedly it does list the videos when I browse the folders but most (the vast majority) won't play - it says 'cannot play this format' or similar.

All AVIs ripped in Handbrake. The weird bit is a couple of movies DO play fine but they were ripped in exactly the same way.

Can't be bothered to explore it at the moment as everything plays absolutely fine via my PS3 so just use that to stream instead.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 14:25:59 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisberry

I think this box needs a lot more development in the receiver area ie no players for ch 4 and 5 unable to download and play TV programmes. Let alone Media share for which they haven't even bothered to document. If I could get through on the published phone number I would be asking for a refund.

It reminds me of when Telecoms and Data Networking started to merge in the early 90's. Merging companies/technologies had to get to grips with each others product

I regret buying the HDR1000 I don't understand why the reviews never picked up the problem I will carry on using my iPad and laptop and HMDI connection. Rant over!

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 19:19:51 #32 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.