My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share problem

(32 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bluealien - 2 hours ago  » 
    well the humax now see's all the video files and update when I add or delete files
    but now it will not see any music files ? the correct locations are set in WMP and in the 'Libraries' but when you select music you just get an empty folder
    any ideas

Are they mp3's ?

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 19:38:13 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

yes they are all mp3's in folders as per their albums,
    if you select music , you get no further options,
    but when you select videos you get more options.
    I can select my music folder via the video option but only see 30 folders and not the first 30, the humax box picks a random 30 folders to show (not always the say folders)

Media centre on my son's pc see's the music folder as does the xbox it is just the humax box that seems to pick and choose what it see's.
    even on the video folder I have had to go back to the media share option and then go into 'folders' again to get it to list the files.

I am now sure it is not my network / pc setup but something to do with the humax box
    just would like this to work as it give the idea it will

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 21:05:34 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Update on this ,
    I have now installed 'Twonky' ,
    so I now see the Twonky server and my pc in the list.

If I select my pc I only get the sub menu in the video section and can't play music or pictures.

If I select the Twonky server I get the sub menu in Music and in Pictures but not in videos, and can only play music or view pictures.

Also with Twonky when you play an mp3 and then go back to the list it rescans , whereas using WMP when you press back it does not rescan

both WMP and Twonky are using the same folders for the libraries so both should show Music,Videos,Picture so why do they only show what the other is missing ?

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 18:13:28 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think that they may need to be re-indexed by the server.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 18:53:38 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Hi Repassac,
    I have re-indexed the folders with both WMP and Twonky but still neither will show music,video, pictures

again after I re-indexed when I tried to open the music folder on the humax it froze and rebooted

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 23:11:57 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What are the video content mpegs, ts?.
    I do know on my HDR-1000S - I do have to wait a few secs before the folders populate (watch for the connecting message to clear).
    Just a thought, but are all the extensions in lower case? (It might not make any difference - perhaps you could tell us, all the ones I have are seen).

I wonder if your problem is perhaps related to running two DLNA servers on a single host. I cannot think that this would have expected.

| Sat 8 Dec 2012 9:06:32 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

video's are all mp4 , music is all mp3 and Photos are jpeg
    all extensions are in lower case , name is a mix of upper and lower case.

Videos are stored in the 'Public / Videos' and then in individual folders,
    Music is stored in the 'Public / Music' and then in individual folders (album style),
    OS is windows 7 64bit with WMP11,

original only had WMP installed as this worked for the xbox and other pc's. I only installed Twonky yesterday as part of my diagnostics to see if that would give me all the files,

with WMP :-
    Media Share / videos -
    Sub menu with several options, I select 'folder' , this then gives a list of the videos on my PC share and when you go into the folder with the video and then back out the previous list is still there( does not have to re-connect to give list of files)

Media Share / Music -
    no sub menu and no files displayed.

Media share / Pictures -
    no sub menu and no files displayed.

With Twonky :-
    Media Share / Videos -
    you get the sub menu but only 'All Videos' and 'Folders'.
    Sees videos and play them but when you go back a level it re-connects before showing the list of files.

Media Share / Music -
    Sub menu with several options, and Plays files.

Media Share / Photos -
    Sub menu with several options, and Plays files, and Slide show works.

I created extra libraries in Twonky but they do not show , I was trying to see if I could split out the files into category's.

It seems to work using Twonky al be it slower and not as friendly as WMP even though they are both using the same folder locations for their libraries,
    still not sure why WMP will not give music or photo's but does give videos.

| Sat 8 Dec 2012 13:08:13 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisberry

Help! I have a media sharing problem. I am new to the Humax box. My HDR 1000s connects to my Windows 7 PC and the Windows Media Server, but, the folders it finds are empty. Are these folders real I ask? Shouldn't they be the 'public' folders and display their contents? Anyone got any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 22:58:45 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bluealien - With Windows 7 and WMP 12 I see everything correctly.
    Suggest you try upgrading from WMP11 to 12.

chrisberry - Check the library settings. Which WMP version?

| Tue 18 Dec 2012 11:30:24 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisberry

WMP is version (or model)12
    ? On Sharing do I share as a Homegroup or Network. I have shared as a homegroup for this exercise...

I have now found the files in folder playlist/Allplaylist/ ....

The folder structure is very strange (see below) and is very slow to populate the screen which may have been part of the problem I was having - ie I wasn't waiting long enough although the connecting message disappears it would seem it is still searching fro files(?)

Also the file list doesn't always appear unless you 'refresh' by going back a folder and returning - to say All Music

Also found the network cable supplied to be intermittent!!! And the humax locked up while 'connecting' and cable disconnected and TV screen went blank. Had to disconnect and reconnect power brick to get is working again.

The shared media list shows folders
    Music (empty)
    Videos (empty)
    Pictures (empty)
    PLaylist/All Playlists/All Music
    PLaylist/All Playlists/All Videos
    PLaylist/All Playlists/All Pictures
    PLaylist/All Playlists/Music added in the last month
    PLaylist/All Playlists/Music rated 5 stars
    PLaylist/All Playlists/Music played in the last month
    -- then pictures - videos etc etc

I don't know where these are coming from - maybe iTunes

Do you get the same/similar folder structure??

I think I will have to reduce the content I want to share with the HDR1000. I will 'play-on' Just noticed I can't find the iTunes app...

| Tue 18 Dec 2012 16:39:35 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.