My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Sharing on HB-1100S

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

slls1961

Good evening.

I'm having problems streaming my media from my W10 PC to my new HB-1100S. When I navigate to the Media Sharing page I'm greeted with a blank screen (Server list empty). I'm fairly sure I've configured my PC correctly, so assuming it's a Humax problem. I use Norton Security (AV & firewall) but have set to trust all PCs and devices on my LAN. There's nothing in the Norton log files to suggest any blocked traffic.

I hope somebody can help me. I've reported thsi to Humax as well but thought I'd try the forum.

Also, the Humax area of the box seems rather unstable. Do any of the apps actually work?

Thanks so much.

Best Wishes
    Stuart

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 19:12:11 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have a HB model. Pretty sure you can only view the recordings direct to a TV directly connected to the box or via splitter and a HDMI cable (or balun link to a remote tV)

A digital modulator would make the recordings viewable on a coax distribution system when played back, You need remote TV with a DVB-T HD or a DVB-T2 tuner (most any HD T2 HD ready TV will do). You can even record them using a DVB-T2 Freeview-HD recorder like a Humax HDR-Fox-T2 though you will likely need to set the source to output stereo only audio.

They aren't cheap starting at about the £100:00 level

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 19:27:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 
    A digital modulator would make the recordings viewable on a coax distribution system when played back, You need remote TV with a DVB-T HD or a DVB-T2 tuner (most any HD T2 HD ready TV will do). You can even record them using a DVB-T2 Freeview-HD recorder like a Humax HDR-Fox-T2 though you will likely need to set the source to output stereo only audio.

I don't understand how that reply helps with the OP problem of wanting to view media streamed from a PC? Does the HB-1100S have a DLNA client?

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 19:33:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 15 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 

I don't understand how that reply helps with the OP problem of wanting to view media streamed from a PC? Does the HB-1100S have a DLNA client?

The thread is titled media sharing on HB-1100S. Not using a a HB-1100-S as a media client.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 19:51:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

slls1961

Just to clarify, I'm trying to use the Media Sharing
    feature from the Home/Humax page. It claims to
    connect to DLNA servers on the LAN and seems
    to support Photos, Videos, & Music. My PC is set
    up correctly (I think) and I've started to share a
    fairly small library while I iron out these glitches...

I'm certainly not interested in adding any more
    hardware; my system is fairly busy already!

Hoping to hear back from Humax but also very
    keen to hear any comments here.

Best Wishes
    Stuart

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 21:10:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Are you able to test that the DLNA server is working by playing content on another device?

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 13:07:50 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What is the server you are trying to connect to, Windows Media Player?
    If so it must be set to allow devices on your lan to connect.
    You can find options under media streaming options.

Windows and W.M.P. must both be running at the time, I think.

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 13:47:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

slls1961

Good afternoon.

I'm making progress. My Norton Security Firewall Trust settings had to be relaxed a little. I was then able to see my shared library on the Humax.

Unfortunately, I have a new set of issues as follows:

1. It takes around 2 minutes for the Humax to "see" my server.
    2. Navigation through the various folders is reasonably quick, but when I try to display a 4MB jpg file, I get the spinning wheel; it doesn't seem to handle large photo files.
    3. Folders containing a large number of smaller photos cause problems in the slideshow; it seems to lose most of them.
    4. The Humax box restarted while I was browsing my library.

I'm very keen to use this feature, so hoping for some positive input.

Many Thanks.

Best Wishes.
    Stuart

| Sat 6 Jun 2020 15:32:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

slls1961

... and, yes, I'm using Windows Media Player as my DLNA server. The PC connects to my LAN wirelessly, which might be an issue, but I'd be very surprised. Hi-res video files (MP4) stream fine.

| Sat 6 Jun 2020 15:35:29 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

slls1961 - 4 mins ago  » 
    Good afternoon.
    I'm making progress. My Norton Security Firewall Trust settings had to be relaxed a little. I was then able to see my shared library on the Humax.
    Unfortunately, I have a new set of issues as follows:
    1. It takes around 2 minutes for the Humax to "see" my server.
    2. Navigation through the various folders is reasonably quick, but when I try to display a 4MB jpg file, I get the spinning wheel; it doesn't seem to handle large photo files.
    3. Folders containing a large number of smaller photos cause problems in the slideshow; it seems to lose most of them.
    4. The Humax box restarted while I was browsing my library.
    I'm very keen to use this feature, so hoping for some positive input.
    Many Thanks.
    Best Wishes.
    Stuart

Guessing your photo files are too large. The box will struggle to scale them to your TV. No point in having more than 1920 x 1080 pixels for a 16:9 Full-HD display.

If you make a slide show video file with the right settings you should be able to stream these.

| Sat 6 Jun 2020 15:40:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.