My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Menu has now introduced Games and removed Record

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

I've been having ongoing problems with my PVR9300T for some time now, yesterday evening I did a full reset and HDD format. All seemed to go well until I selected Menu and found that the Record feature had disappeared and Games had been introduced at the end of the list. How do I get my much used record and playback feature back please? I don't need or want want a Games facility, I don't want to do another HDD format as I recorded a couple of programs yesterday, if necessary I would. Is there a simple solution to this please?
    Do I need to provide any further information?

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 17:39:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi LeithR,
    Haven't used a Humax 9200/9300 for a long time, they do run into problems from time to time, but know what your problem is. It used to happen in the past.
    It's quite common & "hopefully" easy to fix. The Humax pvr hardware has lost connection with the hard drive. Try turning off & unplugging for a while. Say 30 minutes. Then try again. If still a problem (which it may be) you will have to reformat hard drive.

I can only guess that Hard drive is getting full up or has got corrupted somewhere.

There may be other solutions if you are good with pc's & trying to fix via humax software. Martin Liddle on Forum, might be a able to help you further if you want to try & repair drive (if it allows you to).

Hopefully I may have helped solve your problem. Let us you know you get on. John

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 18:09:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LeithR - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've been having ongoing problems with my PVR9300T for some time now, yesterday evening I did a full reset and HDD format. All seemed to go well until I selected Menu and found that the Record feature had disappeared and Games had been introduced at the end of the list. How do I get my much used record and playback feature back please?

My guess is that the hard drive is failing. Your choices are to replace the hard drive or buy a new PVR. Given that the 9300T has a number of known issues I am inclined to suggest you buy a new PVR. Depending on your budget and requirement for disk capacity an HDR-1800T or an HDR-2000T or a Youview DTR-T2000 might be suitable. Reconditioned models are available from Humax Direct with a years warranty https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/refurbished.html

Happy to provide instructions if you prefer to fit a new hard drive which isn't difficult.

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 19:00:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

Thanks Martin and jdlfreetime. I'll explore your suggestions. Being a Scot I'll start with the free potential solution.

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 19:09:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

OK, I've managed to go through every thing you suggested jdlfreetime - without offending the wife and managing to watch Strictly Results,its back up working - phue!!. I guess I have to simplify the question. How do I get rid of Games appearing on the Menu and how do I bring back the record/playback facility? Can that be done?

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 21:10:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LeithR - 54 mins ago  » 
    I guess I have to simplify the question. How do I get rid of Games appearing on the Menu and how do I bring back the record/playback facility? Can that be done?

The Games option, which is always present, becomes more visible when the hard drive isn't accessible. If you have been having problems for a while then I am hazarding a guess that the hard drive has failed. If you want a cheap solution buy a secondhand hard drive, preferably one designed for PVR usage, and see if that fixes it.

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 22:08:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

I agree with Martin LeithR. All your pvr is currently doing is allowing you to watch tv without the recording facility? Problem is still there.

You can purchase IDE Hard drives 2nd hand from various places inc. CEX in the high street, who have a 2 year warranty on used items, but not so easy to find. Worth checking out, but as mentioned by Martin try & purchase one suitable for pvr use as they are constantly used all the time, especially the 2 hour buffer that is in use.

If you can't get a IDE Drive, maybe a SATA drive with a SATA/IDE converter kit:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IDE-TO-SATA-Series-Interface-Hard-Drive-HDD-Adapter-Converter-Cable-Black-Red/263822337366?epid=8008821664&hash=item3d6d096556:g:NGQAAOSw6QpbTtjG

Easy to fit inside case. Humax pvr will then automatically format drive for you/ready to use. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
    John

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 14:19:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

I believe the 9300 uses a SATA drive not an IDE.

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 16:24:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Yes you are correct bmax,
    Haven't used a 9300 for a long time. I was thinking of the 9200 when I replaced mine. So an even easier hard drive to purchase. Thank you for confirming. John

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 16:27:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

Thanks all for your input, SWMBO (She who must be obeyed) has decreed that we will be buying a new Free to air recorder. Any recommendations?

I'll also work on getting this one fixed in my spare moments.

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 21:06:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.