My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Menu has now introduced Games and removed Record

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi LeithR,
    You have a choice: Freeview or Youview. Freeview: the new Humax models are 5000/4000T range. Read the reviews & make your mind up. If you can get a demo in a shop even better. Plenty of reviews on youtube. Also the Humax T2000 or T1800 models. Youview (I'm on their forum regularly) are also worth considering. It really depends on what you are looking for. None of the pvrs are "basic" anymore. On a positive note, they are more "reliable" (well most of the time!) but to obtain features you need broadband connected.

The Youview won't work without broadband connected. Very easy to setup. Either connect directly to router or via a powerline adaptor to mains plug. The main reason is that the pvr collects data to & from the box to the cloud + the 7 day EPG. One advantage is that it backs up your schedules if box crashes etc. It is a very easy model to use, but my dislike is the grey banner at bottom of screen that stays on when fast forwarding/rewinding. Hopefully they will improve this at some point as features are added/improved.

What would I choose if I was purchasing? Well good question! If you simply want pvr & straight to the point recording: a Humax Freeview 1800/2000 (which replaced the Humax fox T2) are good, but if you want 7 day backwards on EPG, go for either Humax Freeview Play 4000/5000, Youview T2000 (better model - receives better updates & full software suit inc. Discover menu - read more on Youview community forum)or BT2100 (currently a cut down version of the T2000 with software releases), or even the Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB is well made, had good reviews.

All have their good & bad points. Read the reviews before purchasing. If you have a satellite connection you could install Freesat & purchase the Humax 1100s pvr. I have one & excellent overall. The Humax direct website sell refurbished models for all humax models mentioned at a cheaper price. Excellent way of buying a box from Humax directly with a 1 yr warranty. Trust i have given you some help? Good luck. Let us know how you get on (+ fixed the 9300). John

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 21:49:29 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LeithR - 45 mins ago  » 
    Any recommendations?

The first thing you need to decide is how much you want to spend and how big a hard drive you want. Do you need a full range of catch up options? Give us some parameters to work with please.

| Mon 18 Nov 2019 21:54:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

Well,
    I had a go at fixing it this afternoon and successfully transplanted an old 500G HDD into the box, all tested wife pleased. Thanks for all of your helpful comments, we can mark this one solved.

| Wed 20 Nov 2019 21:34:36 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.