My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Missed quite a few recordings recently.

(55 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muzer

My FOXSAT-HDR has missed a few recordings recently. It usually happens for many recordings (usually series ones) in a row, then it's fine for a few weeks, then it does the same. It's been doing it for a few months (on and off) now.

I have no message (in the schedule or otherwise) when the recordings are missed, but usually the schedule gets "stuck" on the first recording that was missed (so it says the date of when the recording is missed) and it must be removed and readded to fix the recording.

It quite often appears to happen when I go into Other Channels mode for a short period of time to scan for a change, then change back to Freesat mode and turn it off. This might not be true, though, as it's really hard to see when it happens as we don't really have too many recordings. There appears to be a few ways to temporarily appease it, and I can't quite figure out which ones work and which are just placebos - including a hard reboot, deleting and readding recordings (this seems to be the most reliable method), and doing a full Freesat rescan.

I do have a few channels unhidden using the custom firmware (none moved from non-Freesat to Freesat mode), but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone experienced the same, and if so, any ideas on how to fix?

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 19:01:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnboy1

Hi,yes my hdr500 does the same.I have missed series linked programmes even though the planner says they are scheduled.Some members have suggested creating a cushion of say ten mins before and end of programme.Really anoying to find you have missed part of s series or it cuts off before end.Just one of the many issues Humax should have sorted out bdfore production and not use public as guinea pigs. Wont be too long before someone brings out a product that is 100%
    Johnboy1

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 10:16:45 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Padding creates it's own problems - I am happy with accurate record for those channels which use it.
    The main cause of recording problem are mistakes by the broadcasters with the hidden programme identification codes (The programme and series CRID) which set top box logic uses. With some broadcasters maing frequent errors no S.T.B. can get it "right"

The poster using the custom firmware - can you additionally verify there are no updates available (package Management) after updating the list from the internet. What do you mean by "Turn it off"?

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 11:03:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muzer

"turn it off" = put the receiver on standby.

I haven't had the issue occur recently but that doesn't mean it won't happen again.

My CFW and the packages installed with it are up-to-date and have been for quite some time now.

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 20:18:19 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Muzer - Acurate record or Padding? Any particular channels?

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 6:49:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muzer

Accurate Record. It's been happening on many channels; though ITV channels mostly simply because that's what we usually series record on (my father's Tour de France highlights on ITV4, and my mother's Emmerdale on ITV1 London (as opposed to Meridian South; in order to avoid conflicts with ITV4)). It's also happened on CBS Action with Star Trek Voyager a few times.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 11:17:51 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ITV does not have a good track record with getting CRIDs correct.
    Voyager is also recorded here - no problems.

Suggestions:
    Check signal quality on channel 999.
    Time how long ehe guide takes to download if > 60 secs do a freesat tune but do not save the results. Import from Foxsat in to channel editor.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 13:26:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks

I read on these forums about users of Humax recorders with missed recordings, well I too am having these problems. I have a Foxsat box about 5 years old and within the last 6 months we have had programmed recordings missed. Reading the obove comment on CRID as this happens quite a lot what is the point in owning a Humax recorder?

| Mon 18 Feb 2019 13:23:23 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Longshanks - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I read on these forums about users of Humax recorders with missed recordings, well I too am having these problems. I have a Foxsat box about 5 years old and within the last 6 months we have had programmed recordings missed. Reading the obove comment on CRID as this happens quite a lot what is the point in owning a Humax recorder?

If the broadcaster screws up the (Crids - Content Reference identifiers) It's not the fault of the Humax any Freesat recorder will do exactly the same. Freesat recorders rely on the series crid to locate the next episode in a series. If the broadcaster transmits a different series crid or a incorrect one then it will fail to find the next episode. The BBC knows about problems with accurate recording flags and is working on a fix.

| Mon 18 Feb 2019 13:39:15 #9 |
  10. Hogweed

Hogweed

It’s incredibly annoying – at the moment, worst culprit for me is BBC1HD, which seems to miss the last couple of minutes of everything I record. The odd thing is, I tried adding the 2 minute padding at the end – and it STILL does it.

I absolutely get that this isn't the box’s problem, but when you consider how long Freesat has been around, it seems unacceptable that the BBC and others can’t manage to send a signal at the right time.

As Longshanks says, even though it’s not the box’s fault, what’s the point in having one if you miss the end of your recordings…

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:50:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.