My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Missed quite a few recordings recently.

(55 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 11 minutes ago  » 
    It’s incredibly annoying – at the moment, worst culprit for me is BBC1HD, which seems to miss the last couple of minutes of everything I record. The odd thing is, I tried adding the 2 minute padding at the end – and it STILL does it.
    I absolutely get that this isn't the box’s problem, but when you consider how long Freesat has been around, it seems unacceptable that the BBC and others can’t manage to send a signal at the right time.
    As Longshanks says, even though it’s not the box’s fault, what’s the point in having one if you miss the end of your recordings…

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/martin-clunes-new-comedy-warren?quote=71228#postform

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:02:21 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The BBC are clearly still having issues. I have a daily series recording of Wanted Down Under Revisited BBC-HD (11:00 Weekdays). As it should have started recording my HDR-1000S generated a recording clash saying I needed to watch the programme or cancel the recording, I selected the watch option. However the recording has also started.

I have checked it's not scheduling same programme on 973 and 976 (BBC1-HD Scotland and Wales).

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:14:49 #12 |
  3. Hogweed

Hogweed

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 
    The BBC are clearly still having issues. I have a daily series recording of Wanted Down Under Revisited BBC-HD (11:00 Weekdays). As it should have started recording my HDR-1000S generated a recording clash saying I needed to watch the programme or cancel the recording, I selected the watch option. However the recording has also started.

I have checked it's not scheduling same programme on 973 and 976 (BBC1-HD Scotland and Wales).

Yeah. I get the “clash” message sometimes too, when there is clearly no clash at all. And, following a suggestion on this forum years ago I think, I believe I did something to disable the regional BBC channels.

Oh well – nothing to do but throw the occasional brick at the telly, I suppose.

Oh – and keep on paying your licence fee of course

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:31:12 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 9 hours ago  » 

Yeah. I get the “clash” message sometimes too, when there is clearly no clash at all. And, following a suggestion on this forum years ago I think, I believe I did something to disable the regional BBC channels.
    Oh well – nothing to do but throw the occasional brick at the telly, I suppose.
    Oh – and keep on paying your licence fee of course

That was why I checked the Scottish and Welsh variants. The BBC have been known to use same series crid for the others and different programme crids resulting in multiple reservations.

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 21:41:08 #14 |
  5. Hogweed

Hogweed

I have such a sad life that I spend about 10 hours a day watching telly, so this is important to me… so I actually have a Freeview box too, to be able to record 3 or 4 channels at once on the rare occasions I need to.

Anyway… I watch MasterChef (I know, I know, the shame…) and am recording the current series on the Panasonic Freeview box. First thing every morning, I go through the day’s programmes (and the next day’s) on both boxes, and set programmes to record as required.

Obviously, when I started recording MasterChef, I selected the “Series Record” option – but just now I noticed that, although tonight’s and Friday night’s episodes are set to record, tomorrow’s is not.

I don’t know anything about CRIDs, but I’m guessing the information is broadcast and used by both Freesat and Freeview?

If so, maybe this is symptomatic of the problem we’re discussing…?

Better check all your planned series recordings anyway

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 9:41:09 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 10 hours ago  » 
    I have such a sad life that I spend about 10 hours a day watching telly, so this is important to me… so I actually have a Freeview box too, to be able to record 3 or 4 channels at once on the rare occasions I need to.
    Anyway… I watch MasterChef (I know, I know, the shame…) and am recording the current series on the Panasonic Freeview box. First thing every morning, I go through the day’s programmes (and the next day’s) on both boxes, and set programmes to record as required.
    Obviously, when I started recording MasterChef, I selected the “Series Record” option – but just now I noticed that, although tonight’s and Friday night’s episodes are set to record, tomorrow’s is not.
    I don’t know anything about CRIDs, but I’m guessing the information is broadcast and used by both Freesat and Freeview?

The system is actually not that complicated and basically uses just two codes (CRID).

A single CRID code that is the same for every episode the broadcaster decides is part of the same series ( for fairly obvious reasons kknown as the Series CRID).

A second CRID code unique to each episode in the series.

When you set a series recording the box finds the first programme in the epg that matches the series CRID (it Might be before the one you set the recording from). Once that has recorded the box scans the epg for the next programme with the same series CRID but a different Programme CRID (avoids repeating recordings already made). This continues for 13 Weeks after the last recording is made, at this pont the recording reservation is auto deleted.

On top of this the system allows the broadcaster to dynamically control the box to start recording and stop when the programme actually starts and stops (AR - Accurate recording).

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 20:18:54 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 10 hours ago  » 

Most Humax boxes are able to display the CRID codes by utilising a hidden menu setting.

The system is actually not that complicated and basically uses just two codes (CRID).
    A single CRID code that is the same for every episode the broadcaster decides is part of the same series ( for fairly obvious reasons kknown as the Series CRID).
    A second CRID code unique to each episode in the series.
    When you set a series recording the box finds the first programme in the epg that matches the series CRID (it Might be before the one you set the recording from). Once that has recorded the box scans the epg for the next programme with the same series CRID but a different Programme CRID (avoids repeating recordings already made). This continues for 13 Weeks after the last recording is made, at this pont the recording reservation is auto deleted.
    On top of this the system allows the broadcaster to dynamically control the box to start recording and stop when the programme actually starts and stops (AR - Accurate recording).

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 20:33:22 #17 |
  8. Hogweed

Hogweed

Thanks for that, very interesting. So I guess the Beeb are broadcasting the AR thingy to stop some of my programmes before they actually finish – and, last night, to start recording a couple of minutes into the programme – so there’s little point in my setting “padding” at the start and finish, as it’s being overridden.

I’ve noticed that my customary series recording of Casualty on Freesat, and MasterChef on Freeview have both excluded this Saturday evening’s episodes.

What a shambles.

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:34:38 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If padding in minutes is set then it will overrise accurate record totally. Padding will cause conflicts in some situations. I never use it as, except with the current BBC problems, AR generally works very well.

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:50:51 #19 |
  10. Hogweed

Hogweed

REPASSAC - 1 minute ago  » 
    If padding in minutes is set then it will overrise accurate record totally. Padding will cause conflicts in some situations. I never use it as, except with the current BBC problems, AR generally works very well.

Hate to disagree when you presumably know what you're talking about, and I certainly don't... but over the last few days, I set padding of 2 minutes at both start and end, and it still lost the end of a couple of recordings.

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:53:49 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.