My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Missed recordings

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

My 9300T had started to miss some recordings, so I re-formatted & set it to the default yesterday. Now, I find that it has recorded three programs, but missed another four! Two of which are being transmitted now, & are programmed in the EPG, but are not being recorded.
    Is it time to get shot?

| Mon 7 Apr 2014 14:09:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 24 minutes ago  » 
    My 9300T had started to miss some recordings, so I re-formatted & set it to the default yesterday. Now, I find that it has recorded three programs, but missed another four! Two of which are being transmitted now, & are programmed in the EPG, but are not being recorded.

Are you confident that the box is correctly tuned with all multiplexes coming from a single transmitter (channels numbered above 800 would be one symptom of incorrect tuning)? The fix for incorrect tuning is a manual tune using these instructions (courtesy of Biggles):Manula tuning FAQ

| Mon 7 Apr 2014 14:37:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I forgot to mention:- when I re-formatted the 9300T, it was done in a flash! I was expecting it to take several minutes, but it was done in seconds. Could this be faulty?

| Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:16:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Your solution is too complicated for me to carry out. I don't understand the figures in Digitaluk's website.All I know, is that I get all freeview channels, & all have a strong signal. none of them are numbered above 800. I suppose that they are from Bilsdale.

| Mon 7 Apr 2014 17:41:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 3 hours ago  » 
    when I re-formatted the 9300T, it was done in a flash! I was expecting it to take several minutes, but it was done in seconds. Could this be faulty?

No it is completely normal; it only rewrites the file system, the equivalent of a Windows quick format.

| Mon 7 Apr 2014 18:25:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Success! My son translated Biggles instructions. The EPG still only shows a full page for three days. It's impossible to program a week ahead, like I used to a couple of years back.
    When new channels are available, does he/I use the same numbers to update?
    Also, how do I know when new channels are available? My friends TV tells her when new channels are available, but our LG TV doesn't.

| Tue 8 Apr 2014 8:44:28 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Success! My son translated Biggles instructions. The EPG still only shows a full page for three days. It's impossible to program a week ahead, like I used to a couple of years back.
    Also, how do I know when new channels are available? My friends TV tells her when new channels are available, but our LG TV doesn't.

You should be getting a full EPG for the channel you are tuned to and all other channels carried on the same multiplex.

| Tue 8 Apr 2014 12:14:31 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Biggles - 15 seconds ago  » 

Translated

You should be getting a full EPG for the channel you are tuned to and all other channels carried on the same multiplex.

| Tue 8 Apr 2014 12:16:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Re - translated.
    It was all Greek to me. Anyway, a foreign language.
    I didn't know that I would get a full EPG for the current channel, & all its associates. Handy, that.
    Thanks for your help.

| Tue 8 Apr 2014 14:35:52 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.