My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Missed recordings...?

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Has anyone else had problems with missed recordings recently?

I've never had this problem before but since Saturday night I have had two fail (probably a coincidence but, of course, the clocks went back on Sunday morning...?)

First the BBC1 news at 10pm didn't record and tonight the Apprentice didn't record ("no loss" some will doubtless say!). Other recordings this week have been OK.

On a second point, I think the two programmes I was recording (on other channels) before the Sunday news may have run over their normal end times at 10pm. Usually if I'm watching at the time, the familiar box pops up asking one to choose which two programmes one wants to continue with.

On this occasion however I was out so would have expected the news to start recording when the first of the earlier programmes ended, but is there perhaps a time limit on how long the Humax (2000T) will wait to do this (which might then explain why none of the news recorded, but wouldn't explain the Apprentice!)?

PS Using latest software v16.

| Thu 29 Oct 2015 0:38:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Graham Norton show didn't record tonight, despite previous episodes recording ok, and the setting was just left on the schedule list. Other programmes recorded ok during the week.

Any ideas anyone?

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 0:50:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Victor Delta - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Graham Norton show didn't record tonight, despite previous episodes recording ok, and the setting was just left on the schedule list. Other programmes recorded ok during the week.
    Any ideas anyone?

Is the box correctly tuned to a single transmitter?

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 1:18:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Yes (Rowridge). Never had this problem before this week, after 15 months use.

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 11:08:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I have the same problem with my 2000T, I have found that sometimes programs comes off series link even though they are still going. So if you check your planned recordings, the program that's on series link may be at the bottom of the list with no start time or date as though the series as ended. So I have to take it off then put it on again then its fine for a while. I have also got another PVR which does the same thing every now again, so I think it may be a transmission problem.

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 12:47:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Yes, I know what you mean. In this case, the recordings were still shown with time and date in the correct position on the list (and were still there even after the start time).

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 12:57:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes my other PVR does that every now and again it comes on ready to record then don't record. Luckily my Humax 2000T as only done this once, which makes me think its got to be a transmission cue problem. I have noticed sometimes the guide will change then a about 30 seconds after the box will start recording, then other time it will start recording as soon as the guide changes.

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 13:18:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

If it was a transmission cue problem I had hoped I might hear from others saying they'd had the same problems. As I haven't, just hope the box isn't on the blink already...?

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 20:28:43 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just checked my FVP and it has recorded ok (series link timer) which would appear to suggest meta data is fine.

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 20:48:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks Barry, although sorry to hear that!

By the way, what's an FVP? (Know I'll kick myself when you tell me...)

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 20:53:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.