My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Missed recordings...?

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Well, lo and behold, it all happened again this year after the clocks went back.

Tonight I had 3 recordings set - series link on Poldark and Tutankhamun (both starting at 2100) and the BBC news at 2200 set to record weekly from 22.00 to 22.35 (to record the national and local news and weather all in one recording).

Presumably Poldark started first because that appears to have recorded ok (albeit with the recording showing the start time as 2200 (instead of 2100).

Then the news recording started - but at 2100 rather than 2200. And so I now have what is in effect a second recording of the first 35 minutes of Poldark!

The Tutankhamun recordng must have then tried to start but sadly found 2 recordings already in progress and so failed 'owing to a higher priority recording'.

Result one successful recording out of 3.

Good I guess that the series link recordings were probably ok but clearly there must be some sort of software bug in the timer software for the manually set recording to run an hour earlier than it should.

Anyone have the same problem and/or any suggestions how to overcome it.

Given the above and what happened last year (see earlier posts), I am inclined to delete all my programmes set to record and start the list from scratch again.

PS The first time the Humax box came on today was in the run up to the first recording - although I would have thought this would update the clock. Might it have helped if I had just switched the box on earlier in the day to update the clock at an earlier stage?

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 0:35:28 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Different PVR's I know, but have just checked Saturday / Sunday recordings on our Foxsat HDR & HDR Fox t2. All series linked programmes including Poldark & Tutankhamun recorded correctly with no intervention from us.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 10:55:06 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Victor Delta - 10 hours ago  » 
    Well, lo and behold, it all happened again this year after the clocks went back.
    Tonight I had 3 recordings set - series link on Poldark and Tutankhamun (both starting at 2100) and the BBC news at 2200 set to record weekly from 22.00 to 22.35 (to record the national and local news and weather all in one recording).
    Anyone have the same problem and/or any suggestions how to overcome it.

I think it is working as designed. Series link programs will work correctly but manually set recordings will be out by an hour. I think the only solution is to wait until the clocks have changed then alter the manually scheduled recordings.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 10:59:57 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Martin Liddle - 23 minutes ago  » 

... but manually set recordings will be out by an hour.

That's not 'working as designed' as I understand it! The recording in question has the correct time (2200 - 2235) shown on the schedule not 2100 - 2135.

I have another one set for tonight - again national + local news - so will monitor with interest what happens at 2100 and 2200 and report back.

PS Also never had this problem with manually set recordings on the 9200T.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 11:28:42 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Good news - tonight's manually set recording (which runs every weekday) behaved as it should and started at 2200.

So this makes me think that the problem might be that perhaps the first recording, after a clock change, starts before the Humax clock has had a chance to update? Perhaps this only happens when the first recording is a manual one rather than a series link one...?

However, I'm a bit puzzled by this as I thought the box came out of standby 15 mins before the start of recordings, and had assumed this would allow plenty of time for the internal clock to be updated, if necessary.

Any other theories?

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 0:11:35 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.