My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Missed recordings...?

(25 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Barry, although sorry to hear that!
    By the way, what's an FVP? (Know I'll kick myself when you tell me...)

Freeview Play

http://www.freeview.co.uk/what-we-offer/freeview-play

https://myhumax.org/forum/forum/fvp-4000t-1

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 21:20:19 #11 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I have reported many times that the 9xx0 machines miss some series-linked episodes in the week following the clock change and then continue correctly in later weeks, I wonder if Humax have managed to carry this bug over to later machines? It is a bit of a coincidence that you're all reporting this problem in the last week.

| Sat 31 Oct 2015 22:05:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Biggles - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have reported many times that the 9xx0 machines miss some series-linked episodes in the week following the clock change and then continue correctly in later weeks, I wonder if Humax have managed to carry this bug over to later machines? It is a bit of a coincidence that you're all reporting this problem in the last week.

That's very interesting although, in fairness, I think that so far I'm the only person reporting this problem. So it may just be my machine.

However, it does seem an odd coincidence that it's only ever happened to me in the week following clock change. Is it simple to explain what causes the problem? And does it affect both clock changes or only the autumn one?

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 0:51:24 #13 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I've not tried to explain it, just observed it on my 9200 and my friend's 9300. Emmerdale and Corro having multiple episodes during the week are the reservations that make it most obvious for us. Some reservation will be missing in the week following the clock change and if nothing is done all reservations continue normally the week after and so on. If the series-link is cancelled and re-made all episodes are picked up. It happens at both clock changes.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 11:24:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks. I've now reset the programmes that didn't record this week but will keep a close eye on things this week.

PS I'm sure you are right but I don't recall this ever happening on my 9200T.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 11:32:07 #15 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Happens every time for us and having posted to a couple of posters on other forums over the years it happens to other people too. Another friend with a 9300 sees the same problem.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 11:45:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Happens every time for us and having posted to a couple of posters on other forums over the years it happens to other people too. Another friend with a 9300 sees the same problem.

It is certainly not a common problem on the HDR models; I think Victor Delta's problem is something else but not sure what.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 11:54:34 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

In all my years with Humax products (over 10) I have never witnessed a problem with timers and the clock change on any models released in that time frame.

Whilst the OP has stated that tuning is not the problem, if it persists I would definitely recommend checking this again.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 12:00:52 #18 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    In all my years with Humax products (over 10) I have never witnessed a problem with timers and the clock change on any models released in that time frame.

How strange that we see this at every clock change with series-linked reservations on the 9200 and 9300 in different locations and it is usually the exact same episodes that are missed.

| Sun 1 Nov 2015 12:08:52 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Pleased to report no further problems this week.

I know it doesn't prove anything but, at the very least, it is a strange coincidence that my missed recordings were only in the week after the clocks changed...

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 0:39:17 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.