My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing Digit

(13 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Why do you need to see the number ? The channel you finish up on says it all
    Hardly much better, after all, if you press the wrong number there is nothing you can do about it till the box changes channel.
    My comment re the OK is based on previous Humax boxes that have custom firmware and also those that do not used with programmeable remote controls. Basically if you programme a macro with the channel number plus a OK the channel change (also works in the epg to rapidly change the epg focus) works much faster than simply entering the numbers.

From post #1 I think the OP would like to see the missing 3rd digit. People want different things Graham no matter how trivial you think their reasons are.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 0:24:22 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Biggles - 1 day ago  » 
    Panasonic have a much better idea, the channel changes immediately on the 3rd digit thereby eliminating any delay but the channel number stays on screen for a second or two. Best of both worlds.

Not on my Panasonic TV there is a slight delay allowing the last digit to appear on the current channel and then as you say it stays on screen for a perfect amount of time after the channel change. But using my preferred page turning transition effect it appears on the current channel then disappears whilst page turning then pops up again after.

So if I feel the need for full 3 digit satisfaction I'll just have to use my TV.

| Tue 7 Mar 2017 18:34:12 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

So you can't please everybody?

| Tue 7 Mar 2017 18:41:56 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.