My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing end of recordings

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gothamite - 4 hours ago  » 
    Suffice to say I had nothing back from the beeb...

I would be surprised if you don't hear anything but I guess they may have had quite a few complaints and may send a response to everyone when resolved.

| Mon 11 Feb 2019 20:32:34 #11 |
  2. Gothamite

Gothamite

Don't think it's been resolved yet.
    I missed the end of "This Week" from last night. (And I'd padded 2 mins onto the end recording section in settings...)

| Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:37:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Gothamite - 9 hours ago  » 
    Don't think it's been resolved yet.
    I missed the end of "This Week" from last night. (And I'd padded 2 mins onto the end recording section in settings...)

One of the youview employees today stated that the BBC have now issued the fix, at least for freeview.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18999269/#Comment_18999269

As recordings using padding ignore what the recorder would otherwise treat as the broadcaster's triggers, any one who uses padding will NOT see any difference on either platform.

| Fri 15 Feb 2019 19:19:24 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pug

I have quite an old freeview recorder and have just recently encountered the same problem. After years of having no problems at all I prompted a software update on my recorder after it was in storage for over a year. Ever since the update (last month) I've regularly missed the end of programmes. Usually only the last minute, but very annoying at times. It doesn't seem to happen on any particular channel. Another problem is that I try to record the BBC "weather for the week ahead" every day which is normally on around 1am. More often than not, this recording fails totally, as if the start is being missed. Some of these problems fit in with earlier posts, but the overriding problem seems to be entirely down to the last software update. My recorder doesn't have the "padding" option discussed in an earlier post. I'd welcome any suggestions.

| Sat 4 May 2019 8:49:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pug - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I have quite an old freeview recorder and have just recently encountered the same problem.

Start off by telling us which model of recorder you have please.

| Sat 4 May 2019 9:39:30 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.