My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing part of my picture

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcyates

It has the same problem. Then the fire stick works fine in the port where the human was in.

Guess im just going to have to live with it.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 22:43:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have always used anamorphic with our 1000s. If I don't then the picture doesn't display correctly, much like you are seeing.

Setting the aspect ratio on the TV also affects the picture size i.e. if set to auto or 16.9. Experiment with those two plus as Graham says, overscan will also affect the edges of the picture.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 0:04:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcyates

Faust - 8 hours ago  » y
    I have always used anamorphic with our 1000s. If I don't then the picture doesn't display correctly, much like you are seeing.
    Setting the aspect ratio on the TV also affects the picture size i.e. if set to auto or 16.9. Experiment with those two plus as Graham says, overscan will also affect the edges of the picture.

Ok thank I'll give it another go this morning. I haven't found the overscan setting for the TV though.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 9:04:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

May not be relevant to your Sony TV. My Sharp TV only gives the full scan menu option (Dot for dot), when selected to the internal Freeview tuner.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 10:25:30 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mcyates - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 8 hours ago  » y

Ok thank I'll give it another go this morning. I haven't found the overscan setting for the TV though.

Your TV uses the +1 Normal and -1 which equates to the same thing. Presumably normal gives 1:1 pixel matching source to display. As Faust says must be some way the aspect ratio is getting distorted (The TV is assuming the data has non square pixels).

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 10:44:47 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcyates

I finally fixed it and put it onto full pixel. Usually when i was changing the setting son the TV, the display from.the box wasn't in the background of the TV settings. But when i was watching my freebies box i pressed home on the TV button and the settings came.up. it allowed me to change them. So in now a happy person.

Thanks for all your help and support.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 13:51:53 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mcyates - 5 hours ago  » 
    I finally fixed it and put it onto full pixel. Usually when i was changing the setting son the TV, the display from.the box wasn't in the background of the TV settings. But when i was watching my freebies box i pressed home on the TV button and the settings came.up. it allowed me to change them. So in now a happy person.
    Thanks for all your help and support.

Thanks for posting the solution. Could well help someone else using a Sony TV.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:39:45 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.