My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

More inconsistent faults

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

JamesB - 3 hours ago  » 
    OP, can I suggest you ring Humax and explain what's happening and ask for a replacement? Humax are very efficient about swapping boxes.

This was suggested a while ago, Humax Customer Support is probably a better option for the OP (original poster) as the OP cannot confirm which version of software is on the box, nor if the box is tuned into multiple transmitters, or how long the box freezes for before powering off, my Humax can pause for 30 seconds or more at times after coming out of iplayer and going into media whilst recording.
    The OP hasn't even been able to confirm how the box is powered off during this inconsistent fault that seems quite consistent at the moment, and whether powering off is by going into standby or pulling the plug, pulling the plug is likely to lead to file system corruption and further possible problems, I don't think we even know for sure whether hdmi or scart is being used and no mention of network wifi/cable/home-plugs etc. and whether the router is being powered off overnight which seems to be cropping up more often.
    The OP has confirmed that 'this and that has been done; however without knowing for sure the most basic information such as which version of software is on the box it's impossible to offer any advice except for contacting Humax CS
    My apologies if this information has been forthcoming, but I can't see a single piece of relevant information apart from the OP is clearly struggling with the box.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 22:26:50 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I can confirm that the latest software version is on the box (as I stated some posts back

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 11:20:29 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I am getting realy fed up with the unreliability of this potentially wonderful box.

Today I select channels and get a black screen. Sometimes a message asking me to "please wait"

I can't access videos with a "please wait" message that hangs endlessly. When I eventually get into it (later in the day) I can't play any of them as I get no response.

BBC i player programmes endless circular arrow rotates and doesn't start when play is pressed.

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 16:46:03 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I could be mistaken but....I do not think the Humax unit generates a 'please wait' message so it is possibly your TV displaying this for some reason - I get same message on Sony TV if I try and change HDMI input just after switching it on.

Just tried a few programmes on iplayer and they all worked.

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 17:09:54 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I could be mistaken but....I do not think the Humax unit generates a 'please wait' message so it is possibly your TV displaying this for some reason - I get same message on Sony TV if I try and change HDMI input just after switching it on.
    Just tried a few programmes on iplayer and they all worked.

Same with me.
    May be a DLNA issues especially as 'video section' is being used to access the recordings, and nothing has been said about the button preses that are used to access a recording and then play it.

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 17:36:47 #35 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.