My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Moved home unable to get regional news ITV

(6 posts)
  1. island star

island star

I moved from Sussex to Hampshire but it still shows Sussex news on ITV. BBC is fine. I did a re-tune but still the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

| Thu 1 Mar 2018 8:26:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Do you have duplicate ITV channels numbered 800 or above (as well as those numbered 3, 33, and 103)?

If you do then this indicates that you can receive from more than 1 transmitter and there is an alternative. If there is then check whether these are more to your liking and someone can help you retune to get them into the normal channel positions.

If there are not any duplicates then it may be possible to adjust or replace your aerial to receive an alternative.
    Put your postcode into the following link (keeping the detail view check box ticked) and page down for transmitters that are all green or mainly green.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes

If you post the first part of your postcode then it will be a lot easier for the users of myhumax.org to advise you?

| Thu 1 Mar 2018 9:43:49 #2 |
  3. island star

island star

Thanks for your help Luke.

| Fri 2 Mar 2018 14:49:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Another thing to try, before retuning, is to delete the specific channels from the list first. I have found this necessary recently when frequencies have changed but not the channel number, as would obviously be the case with channels such as ITV etc. Numerous retunes told me that the channels were found but when I tried to view the problem persisted, the old channel was not being replaced/overwritten. Deleting then retuning has solved the problem.

| Fri 2 Mar 2018 15:14:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am wondering how much difference exists between ITV services for Sussex and Hampshire. Both are largely served by Meridian, though I believe East Sussex may have a separate news via the Heathfield and Whitehawk Hill transmitters whereas Midhurst, serving the west part of the county, probably has the same news as Rowridge on the Isle of Wight.

So it probably depends upon where the OP moved from in Sussex whether a change in news service can be expected.

| Sat 3 Mar 2018 8:38:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I am wondering how much difference exists between ITV services for Sussex and Hampshire. Both are largely served by Meridian, though I believe East Sussex may have a separate news via the Heathfield and Whitehawk Hill transmitters whereas Midhurst, serving the west part of the county, probably has the same news as Rowridge on the Isle of Wight.
    So it probably depends upon where the OP moved from in Sussex whether a change in news service can be expected.

Totally agree with both statements. Re the location, thus my earlier question about alternatives with the current aerial and the request for the first part of the postcode (which was to see if a change of aerial could provide additional alternatives).

| Sat 3 Mar 2018 9:58:59 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.