My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Moving to Aura, a couple of questions

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MackerG

Hi, thanks for the add.

I have an HDR-Fox T2 which I'm replacing with an Aura (which is on order but not delivered yet).

1. I'm almost sure the answer to this is going to be NO but here goes: Is there a way of moving some cherished recordings (HD) from the Fox T2 to the Aura?

2. I have a few devices which were 'smart' when I bought them but now they aren't. These include the HDR Fox, a couple of TV's and a BluRay player. All of them had BBC iPlayer, YouTube, ITV Hub etc. when new but over time support for these services has been withdrawn. (I've filled the gap with Chromecast dongles.) Given the Aura's approach to delivering these services via Android, does this mean that it should be the end for services dropping off?

Thanks.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 13:27:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MackerG - 27 mins ago  » 
    1. I'm almost sure the answer to this is going to be NO but here goes: Is there a way of moving some cherished recordings (HD) from the Fox T2 to the Aura?

Yes but you would need to remove the encryption which is not a topic that can be discussed on this forum; pop over to hummy.tv to ask that question.

2. I have a few devices which were 'smart' when I bought them but now they aren't. These include the HDR Fox, a couple of TV's and a BluRay player. All of them had BBC iPlayer, YouTube, ITV Hub etc. when new but over time support for these services has been withdrawn. (I've filled the gap with Chromecast dongles.) Given the Aura's approach to delivering these services via Android, does this mean that it should be the end for services dropping off?

It is a good question but I suspect only time will tell. I think it will help if the version of Android on the Aura is updated but that hasn't happened yet.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 13:58:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MackerG

Thank you, and yes I try the hummy.tv forum.

| Sun 16 Jan 2022 14:53:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.