My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My disc has gone missing too!

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

This cannot be a coins idea that there's so many having this problem. Could it be a recent software roll-out issue?
    First of all the recordings disappeared, then after a factory reset they appeared but wouldn't play (invalid file format?)
    Then, after another factory reset they've disappeared again and won't come back. Although they're all showing as still on the box if I view my recordings through the freetime app!!

| Fri 25 Mar 2016 18:41:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Update!!
    HDD Appears to have come back to life and all my recordings have reappeared but 'Not supported File Format' comes up when I try to play any of them.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

| Fri 25 Mar 2016 18:43:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

This morning the hard drive has gone AWOL and when I go into settings it's asking me to connect a USB hard drive.

I take it that no one on here has any solutions to resolve this???

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 11:07:09 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

Leave it unplugged for 10 minutes and it may well spring to life.

Until next time.

My box gave up the ghost after a while though.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 17:24:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Thanks for the reply Chris. Unfortunately I've already tried that (left it unplugged over night) with no joy I'm afraid.
    It looks like it's nackered and by the looks of the posts on here, I'm very much not alone. Humax were promising an update to fix this back in December last year, so I've decided not to bother holding my breath. What a shower this company is.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 18:43:55 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Madarse - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply Chris. Unfortunately I've already tried that (left it unplugged over night) with no joy I'm afraid.
    It looks like it's nackered and by the looks of the posts on here, I'm very much not alone. Humax were promising an update to fix this back in December last year, so I've decided not to bother holding my breath. What a shower this company is.

Hopefully your unit will see the disk again.
    Tracking down what causes this issue could be a problem as no 2 units appear to be the same except that it is at boot the problem is detected.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 20:30:33 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

REPASSAC - 5 seconds ago  » 

Madarse - 1 hour ago  » 

Hopefully your unit will see the disk again.
    Tracking down what causes this issue could be a problem as no 2 units appear to be the same except that it is at boot the problem is detected.

The problem did not exist in the Foxsat.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 20:31:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The problem is the s/w is owned by Freesat. A bunch of amateurs with ambitions way beyond their capability. The situation is absurd and Humax will in time regret it.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 20:58:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Hi,new to forum,frustrated,1000s lost all 3 years recordings 4 days ago,says I've 1% used,can't see my hard drive,same as other ppl here,vvvvv disappointed, it's obviously a software problem, wish humax treated their loyal customers better,I recommended the 1000s to 5 other family members,one other has the same problem, my 13 yr old favourite programmes gone,not on,humax get the finger out,sort it,

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 9:47:50 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Corks finest - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,new to forum,frustrated,1000s lost all 3 years recordings 4 days ago,says I've 1% used,can't see my hard drive,same as other ppl here,vvvvv disappointed, it's obviously a software problem, wish humax treated their loyal customers better,I recommended the 1000s to 5 other family members,one other has the same problem, my 13 yr old favourite programmes gone,not on,humax get the finger out,sort it,

Not quite the same problem - 1% used indicates that your unit is still seeing the harddisk. There is a good chance the recordings will reappear try a few standby or power cycles.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 11:18:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.