My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My disc has gone missing too!

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 weeks ago  » 
    The problem is the s/w is owned by Freesat. A bunch of amateurs with ambitions way beyond their capability. The situation is absurd and Humax will in time regret it.

I readily acknowledge they are not perfect. However, I prefer the Freesat/Humax combo as opposed to the Humax only option as in my 1000s and my 2000T respectively.

Just look at the mess the 4000T is turning into, which is Humax left to their own devises.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 14:24:47 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 46 minutes ago  » ...Just look at the mess the 4000T is turning into, which is Humax left to their own devises.

On the contrary, my understanding is that Freeview Play s/w is owned by the Freeview consortium, designed by them and, like the Freesat Freetime s/w, licensed out to hardware providers. Which might go a long way to explaining the mess it's in.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/news/freeviewplay

Now you might say, did Humax learn no lessons from their experience with Freesat.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 15:18:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 5 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 46 minutes ago  » ...Just look at the mess the 4000T is turning into, which is Humax left to their own devises.

On the contrary, my understanding is that Freeview Play s/w is owned by the Freeview consortium, designed by them and, like the Freesat Freetime s/w, licensed out to hardware providers. Which might go a long way to explaining the mess it's in.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/news/freeviewplay
    Now you might say, did Humax learn no lessons from their experience with Freesat.

Still doesn't explain the 2000T though which is more like one might expect to see from North not South Korea - very utilitarian.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 15:24:59 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I can't comment on the 2000, or indeed any other Humax products aside from the HDR1000 and HB1000. After a long troublesome gestation period these are now relatively stable. I was merely pointing out your error in assuming the 4000 was a Humax-only product. However, I do agree that Humax seem to be digging a grave for themselves in terms of loyal, committed customers repeat buying. Touch wood my current Freesat boxes stay good as I will not be rushing to the shops to buy any future Humax products.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 17:41:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Thing is though, if you don't opt for Humax who else is there? The Panasonic is a good reliable workhorse but the UI implementation is truly awful.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 22:35:46 #15 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Faust - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Thing is though, if you don't opt for Humax who else is there? The Panasonic is a good reliable workhorse but the UI implementation is truly awful.

A little overstated there I think and in some part down to personal taste.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 22:48:57 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

I did the standby jobbie for 3 hours,also took power leads out,factory reset etc,etc,it's a humax software problem, and the sooner humax will be honest,and admit it the better

| Mon 25 Apr 2016 0:18:47 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Ppl ,it's obvious that humax don't give a damm ref loyalty, they can fix these problems, but wont,guess why not?no money to be made ,well I for one feel let down, and will not ever purchase,reccomend any humax product, guys running the show don't care,and are oblivious to everyone's problems, excuses ,excuses, what kind of idiots do they think their customers are,Google humax problems, same old story

| Mon 25 Apr 2016 0:29:56 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

To many threads being started on same/similar subject.

Continue in this thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hard-drive-issues

and for the last 2 posts:

1. Humax are aware but as yet have not managed to identify the issue.

2. As I have stated previously, all units, and there are many, that have been returned for investigation have recovered before any useful debugging could take place.

| Mon 25 Apr 2016 7:22:10 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.