My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Nero Loses Recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barryandjohn

I bought a Humax Nero 2tb FVP-4000T. a few weeks ago and found that recordings would disappear and not show even as a used part of the storage on the disc. It kept saying I had no recordings and I knew that was wrong. The only way I could retrieve the recordings was to disconnect from the power supply, reconnecting and that restored everything. I left the power off for only about a minute. However the fault repeated itself every time the machine was put into standby and the procedure had to be repeated.

So I contacted Humax who were extremely helpful and said that this has NEVER happened before, so they replaced the box.

I had suspicions that the problem may be in the downwload update (software) rather than the hardware and thought that maybe the new box would do the same.

The box arrived and lo and behold the same fault was present. I recorded a huge batch of shows all crossing with each other testing the 4 recording capability. Initially all recorded and played well, so I left the recordings in the box, put it into standby went back to them an hour or so later and they were not there, I was just informed I had no recordings.

I decided to do a complete factory re-set WITHOUT re-formatting the drive BUT when the process was underway and was asked to connect to the internet I didn’t connect therefore it couldn’t carry out the attempted update of the software. When the rest of the re-set was done I went in to see if there were any recordings and again lo and behold ALL my original recordings were there.

I then logged the box into the net but because I didn’t allow the update the original and new recordings are all on the box and I’m having no problems now.

Humax deny a problem BUT it is definitely the update that is the problem. So if you have this problem do what I did and you’ll not only find but will be able to save all your recordings and have no more problems.

If Humax listened they would save a lot of money, aggravation and loss of customer trust.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 11:25:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

On my Nero box I get the 'No Recordings' message if I attempt access them too quickly after coming out of standby.

Waiting a couple of minutes has always fixed the problem and my 150+ recordings are there when I try it again.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 12:54:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

The recordings don't disappear.

It is a feature of the Humax that sometimes it just pretends they are not there - this problem was there in previous software versions, it is not a new feature.

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 1:26:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

barryandjohn

It was the latest software update that caused the problem. The box was bought new from Humax Direct on August 3rd. It was only by doing the factory reset back to it's original software that the problem went away.

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 14:38:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.