My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Netflix software full rollout For HDR

(34 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For all HDR units connected to internet, as previous phased roll out, version number is 3.00.18.

HB users - coming very soon

Note:

After the update:

1. Showcase - should be populated within 2 minutes

2. Channel Logo's - Can take up to 10 minutes in the meantime embedded default logo's should appear, if they do not try a reboot.

3. On Demand preview screen is blank - This can take up to 10 minutes to be displayed, the link to the On Demand section is still available when there is no image.

4. On Demand images are not displayed - This can take up to 10 minutes to be displayed – it is possible to highlight each blank placeholder, select the info button on your remote and the service details will be displayed.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 17:01:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

I think my showcase came in on start up quicker than those stated times, certainly the channel logos were all there.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 21:58:37 #2 |
  3. andyb63uk

Andy B

Yippee

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 23:52:56 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Link to Netflix help page for freetime products:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/26133?ba=GSButtonClick&q=

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 1:34:06 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Now also available from Humax Support site for usb upload.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=135&pid=6

Release note:

• Netflix App Launched

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 10:26:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

My box updated the other day and today I can see the Netflix app. Most interesting thing isn't the app (you can get it on many platforms already), but what seems to be a free one month offer - but you get that via the Web site anyway.

I've taken up the free month to have a play, but I doubt I'll continue the sub (I've already cancelled the one month sub so it doesn't renew...still lets you complete your free month though) since I obtain all the stuff on Netflix from other sources. Don't like that they charge 1.50 a month extra just to get HD (which you'd have thought everyone has nowadays surely?).

Got to say that it's a major plus if you have a Netflix sub already though, like all the On Demand stuff, you won't be allowed to record anything off it

Initial Netflix impressions: A *lot* of decent content including some exclusives. Bizarrely defaults to 480p on HD content (I have a fibre connection, so it's not the net speed). Go to the http://www.netflix.com site, login, select "Your Account" under the username menu in the top right, then click on Playback Settings under MY PROFILE and finally change the "data usage per screen" to "High" rather than the default "Auto". I clicked on Save and it immediately changed the res of the movie I was playing from 480p to 1080p and it was much sharper with no stutter (in other words, the Auto setting is utter rubbish!).

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 15:47:15 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Freesat release note:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/freetime/boxes/software-update-15-dec

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 15:48:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Was up late last night (5am) and checked by box about 4.15 and it had been updated also some mention of sending data back to them to help in some way but i opted out, now got to work out if netflix is worth it.

All1

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 22:14:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

I am having a problem connecting to Netfix Via my Freesat box, I get a error code, I know it must be to do with my my Freetime box as I can connect to Netflix via other equipment

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 0:12:56 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bargain Dave,
    Your conclusion is somewhat quick, can we have more details please.

1. Has your unit acquired a IP address and do you use DHCP or manual settings?
    2. Can you use other on demand services?
    3. How is the unit connected to the internet?
    4. How many times did you try and what was the error message / reference number?

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 7:09:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.