My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Netflix & some players won't play content

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

OK, today Netflix appears to be playing up on my fvp5000t, some of the players won't play content either giving a "oops something went wrong" after watching the adverts.

Netflix gives error tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12), so I've deleted cookies, unplugged for 5 mins, a factory reset, and reset the bt router but still the same problem,

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Nb I've since disabled any hdmi cec control too but no change

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 15:48:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve99

I have been having the same problem today 26/08/21 with my fvp4000t. The unit was playing Netflix fine yesterday evening but all today I have just got error code tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12). I have tried rebooting/resetting the box. Have also spoken with Netflix who have said to contact humax as it is probably a issue with the digital rights management software on the device which humax need to resolve with Netflix.

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 17:03:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Ah!, that doesn't sound like a quick fix?

| Thu 26 Aug 2021 18:36:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sara

Hi, I have this same issue. Netflix has been working perfectly but now gives error tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12) when trying to play any content. As with you, Netflix say that it's probably something to do with digital rights management. It is extremely unlikely to be that - my software is uptodate and if anyway if this was the cause I'd expect every one with a Humax FVP 5000T to have the same problem.

Did you ever get Netflix working again?
    Thanks.

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 14:55:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

1chris4

Same here! I have a 4000T and 5000T, since last night (12/9/22) both devices can login to Netflix and I can browse the content but select a program to watch and Netflix says 'content not available' with error code tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12)

According to Netflix this is either a Digital Rights Management issue or the data needs refreshing on the Humax box.

I called Humax customer services on 0344 318 8800 (a surprisingly short wait) and they have recently been made aware of the issue and are 'working to resolve it' though they don't know how long it will take!

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 15:22:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sara

Thank you -it's nice to know that I'm not alone. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a resolution.

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 15:30:28 #6 |
  7. Paul_D

Paul_D

1chris4 - 1 day ago  » 
    Same here! I have a 4000T and 5000T, since last night (12/9/22) both devices can login to Netflix and I can browse the content but select a program to watch and Netflix says 'content not available' with error code tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12)

I have got both a FVP-4000T and an HDR-1100S.

I haven't watched Netflix for a few weeks but I saw your post last night so went to check my FVP-4000T. I got exactly the same as you. I tried it again this evening and it is still the same with the same error message.

I then tried Netflix on the HDR-1100S and that is working perfectly.

I'll try calling Humax tomorrow and see what they have to say.

| Wed 14 Sep 2022 22:32:16 #7 |
  8. Paul_D

Paul_D

I've just spoken with Humax and before I could tell them what was wrong, they said "FVP-4000T with Netflix saying "content not available?"

Humax said they are currently "investigating this with the necessary parties to be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible"

Unfortunately, they are unable to to provide a timescale at the moment so we'll just have to wait.

Apparently it affects Netflix only. Other on-demand channels are not affected.
    Also, other Humax non-FVP models are unaffected.

| Thu 15 Sep 2022 11:36:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmichaelpage

This issue is now solved by a software release today. Check if you have .54 version, if not download it manually and everything should be back to normal. For me it only affected Netflix and All4

| Thu 15 Sep 2022 14:49:46 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I just ran the update on my 5000T to .54 from System Information.

It did complete, but there was a worrying long period of a blank screen (for over 5 minutes) after doing the initial download before another display appeared. When that completed, it went into restart and there was another, shorter, period of blank screen.

So, just be aware and don't worry about the long wait.

Edit: Also, after coming back on, there was a period when the recordings were not showing and when they did come up the channel logos were missing for a short time.

| Thu 15 Sep 2022 16:41:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.