My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T trial

(82 posts)
  1. Chris...K

Chris...K

Inactive

Thrugelmir - 1 day ago  » 

To wallow in your pit of self pity that the box does not do what you want?

We just want it to work. As for innovation. Sometimes there's no need to innovate. After all listing TV programmes in a sensible layout is hardly difficult. Perhaps it's all designed on 60" screens.

It's not difficult for the software to read start size screen you're using, or even get the user to type it in the settings and scale the menu to suit the user
    It's not rocket science and the sort of stuff I used to programme for fun back in 1985

I have 42 screen soon to be 50 and the menu s are HUUUUUUUUGE and only show 1/2 programmes per screen in the guide

I am brilliant at algorithm and analogy, only had the box 10 minutes and could already make huge improvements to the user interface. so if Humax ever want make their otherwise excellent PVR beyond peers get in touch and I'll do it for free

It begs why a company would produce a first class price of hardware then let a chimpanzee develop the user interface

They're are some flaws that only someone that has never ever used it could possibly overlook

I would love to know which PVR they do user

| Mon 21 Mar 2016 8:56:09 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

There was a post at First impressions glitches vs pros which listed quite a few things people wanted improved.

| Mon 21 Mar 2016 10:50:33 #22 |
  3. Thrugelmir

Thrugelmir

grahamlthompson - 21 hours ago  » 

Thrugelmir - 21 hours ago  » 

To wallow in your pit of self pity that the box does not do what you want?

We just want it to work. As for innovation. Sometimes there's no need to innovate. After all listing TV programmes in a sensible layout is hardly difficult. Perhaps it's all designed on 60" screens.

A tad confused. A 60" screen would just make the epg view larger, it would have the same information, just larger. The opposite must be true, the large epg is easier to read on small screens.

My comment was purely an observation. The EPG is a negative feature on this model. Not least if that you set up to tape a single programme it doesn't indicate this on the EPG. Does for a series though.

| Mon 21 Mar 2016 19:18:33 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

One off timers show a rec icon in the EPG for me.

HD/SD confusion?

| Mon 21 Mar 2016 20:12:26 #24 |
  5. ricke17

ricke17

I've had the email about the trial, which I appear to have been accepted on!

Rick.

| Tue 22 Mar 2016 19:39:27 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ricke17 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I've had the email about the trial, which I appear to have been accepted on!
    Rick.

I guess from your comment that those on the trial are permitted to say that they are on the trial!

| Tue 22 Mar 2016 19:47:28 #26 |
  7. ricke17

ricke17

There was nothing in the email to say I cannot mention it - if I shouldn't have said so, Mod, please delete my comment.
    Ooops!

| Tue 22 Mar 2016 19:49:53 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If member(s) want to divulge that they have been accepted so be it, however there is to be no discussion of the trial software in open forum.

| Tue 22 Mar 2016 21:28:19 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonick

Hi Barry,
    Do we need to restrict trial software discussions to P.M's ?

| Wed 23 Mar 2016 9:54:38 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 13 hours ago  » 
    If member(s) want to divulge that they have been accepted so be it, however there is to be no discussion of the trial software in open forum.

Presumably that is a decision of the Forum alone?

I can't see any such restriction in the trial details emailed to me by Humax yesterday.

Richard

| Wed 23 Mar 2016 11:06:52 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.