My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New 1800 missing recordings

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurfowler

Hi all,

I had a 9300 for several years. From time to time it would miss a recording, but not very often (I always did the manual tune option). Then gradually it failed on more and more programmes. Seemed to be the "clock" problem as the fails were when on stand by.

Last week I replaced it with a new 1800T. Did the manual tune, all good. On Monday it failed to record Only Connect. On Friday it failed to record any BBC programmes. In the meantime it recorded a dozen programmes fine. What could possibly be going wrong? Am I jinxed?

I had thought I could change the recording mode like I think I could on the 9300 so that it records at the set time rather than when the programme actually started. But that doesn't seem to be an option on the 1800T.

I don't know what to do now. Could it be a duff box (seems unlikely, I would have thought that it would work all the time or not at all)?

Just as a shot in the dark, the box doesn't have an "off" state where it won't record at all does it (obviously other than unplugging from the wall!)? I use an all-in-one remote so want to rule that out as an option that the remote could be turning it off too far.

Does the "start recording" signal vary by transmitter? Could it be that my local one (Sandy) is just rubbish?

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks!

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:19:04 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

See This thread

and

Unfortunately a known problem, which should be resolved in the next software release.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 12:34:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurfowler

So, is it a problem for the 1800 only (not the 2000)? I dithered about which to get and went for the 1800 on a toss of a coin pretty much!

Thanks

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 12:36:43 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The 2000T is not affected by the issue though it does have other issues such as no loop thru'

Check you PM's

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:10:15 #4 |
  5. michaelangelo

michaelangelo

Barry,
    I see some wishful thinking for an update for the 1800T.
    Considering how long Humax have dragged their feet over the 2000t loop-thru update, I cant see the 1800T being any different

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 13:04:07 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

michaelangelo - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Barry,
    I see some wishful thinking for an update for the 1800T.
    Considering how long Humax have dragged their feet over the 2000t loop-thru update, I cant see the 1800T being any different

Obviously not wishful thinking

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 10:32:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Britdad10

Problem seems to have been resolved by latest software update

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 22:49:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

Hi Arthur, I hope you are getting on with the 1800t. Did you find the timer adjust configuration. I have mine set to start 5mins earlier and end 10 mins later. It's on page 22 of the manual. Menu, settings, preferences, recording. Change start padding time to on and chose your padding, repeat for end time. Never tried the unit without this feature active as I don't trust the broadcasts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 19:54:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

Hi Arthur, I hope you are getting on with the 1800t. Did you find the timer adjust configuration. I have mine set to start 5mins earlier and end 10 mins later. It's on page 22 of the manual. Menu, settings, preferences, recording. Change start padding time to on and chose your padding, repeat for end time. Never tried the unit without this feature active as I don't trust the broadcasts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 19:54:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurfowler

Since the update it had been fine. Doesn't miss start or end of programmes so I don't need to pad.
    Thanks though.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 21:30:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.