My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New EPG

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Searching for recordings - does not give the dates of the episodes

Searching for recordings - when the recording is stopped, you are NOT taken back to the folder

micmac - 1 day ago
    Still no way to organise your recordings.

Especially a pain when a show appears as more than one directory for some unknown reason.

Also no way to play oldest recording first.

I completely agree. What is particularly frustrating is that, when you SEARCH for a recording, you first get the programme name. Press \/ to choose it, press > ..., and you get the list of episodes as shown below. You have no idea which is which as they are not dated!! It would be much better if they were sorted in date order, and were dated as shown below. As it is now, I now have to find the recording and check the channel - say More 4. I then search Channels for More 4 and find the recording. When I now go into the folder, they are dated and sorted in order.

It would also be an improvement if the default selection was set to the first episode in the folder, not the last episode.

A second problem is that, if you SEARCH for a recording, when you STOP the recording you are watching, it does NOT take you back to the folder with the recordings - it takes you back to TV. It really should take you back to the folder of recordings.

Attachments

1. tv.jpg (79.6 KB, 3 downloads) 7 years old
    | Fri 8 Jul 2016 10:39:47 #21 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Barry - 2 days ago  » 
    Your software version will have been updated to 1.01.25

How does one get the new software?

I tried a software update but after 4 or 5 minutes it said that no new software had been detected. I am on software 1.01.11 last updated, automatically while I was on holiday, on the 27th April.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 9:30:01 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stephenesque - 4 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 2 days ago  » 

I tried a software update but after 4 or 5 minutes it said that no new software had been detected. I am on software 1.01.11 last updated, automatically while I was on holiday, on the 27th April.

It is a phased roll out.

Try again next week.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 9:36:23 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stephenesque - 3 days ago  » 

Barry - 2 days ago  » 

Software version 1.01.25 is now available to all.

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 11:57:45 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1.01.25 is now available from Humax supprt website

Release note:

• Improved EPG UI
    • Improved Wi-Fi Connectivity
    • Improved Hang-up/Lock-up Issue

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 6:34:48 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Searching for recordings - does not give the dates of the episodes

Searching for recordings - when the recording is stopped, you are NOT taken back to the folder

I have just spotted another change with 1.01.25 - you now CAN get inside the folder containing multiple episodes.

1 Press Search and type the characters (11 were needed in one case!)

2 When you see the Blue box with the programme name, arrow DOWN to it. Do NOT press >, but instead press OK.

You are now taken to the folder containing all episodes and you can select which you want to play.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 12:22:47 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Doesn't work for me, pressing OK plays a random episode, where as pressing right lists the episodes

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 13:16:30 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

PLAY / PAUSE / FWD etc buttons do not work after SEARCH

Barry

Thanks. To clarify, this is what I did. First the good news.

Go to saved recordings. Now use SEARCH to find a saved recording - I searched with "c h i c a" and found Chicago Fire where I have multiple episodes recorded.

Arrow down to the Blue box with the recording name and press OK. This takes you "inside the folder containing all the episodes". Select any episode and play it.

Now the bad news.

The episode plays OK ... but none of the PLAY / FWD / FAST FWD / REVERSE / FAST REVERSE / PAUSE or even STOP buttons on the remote control now do anything. To stop it playing I have to press EXIT button X. I cannot PAUSE it or FAST FORWARD through the adverts.

Can anyone confirm it? I am on 1.01.25 dated 27 June and upgraded automatically - I did not load it via USB.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 13:35:16 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Barry - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Doesn't work for me, pressing OK plays a random episode, where as pressing right lists the episodes

Barry

Here are some screen shots.

The top screen is the SEARCH result.

When I press DOWN ARROW to choose the Chicago Fire and press OK, it gets me to the bottom screen. It is showing CANCEL WHOLE SERIES because I have not yet scrolled up to choose which recording to play.

(Note: If I press DOWN ARROW to get to Chicago Fire, and then press RIGHT ARROW, I am taken to a list of all the episodes. The list seems to be in random order and I don't know which episode is the oldest or newest.)

A thought - are you still on the beta test version of 1.01.25? I am on the General Release of 1.01.25 and perhaps it is different from the beta test version.

Attachments

1. both.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 downloads) 7 years old
    | Wed 13 Jul 2016 14:05:08 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Another thought.

I wonder if it works for me because the Humax is actually finding the "yet to be recorded TV episode" and not a recording - note that it actually opens on the TV programme.

Your F1 folder probably does not have a "yet to be recorded TV episode" episode in it.

Back to testing ...

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 14:27:14 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.