My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New EPG

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Got it!

If there is a "yet to be recorded TV programme" in the folder, then you get taken inside the folder when you press OK. The PLAY / PAUSE etc buttons do not work when you play an episode.

If there is not a "yet to be recorded TV programme" in the folder, then you do not get taken inside the folder when you press OK, and a random? episode plays. The PLAY / PAUSE etc buttons do work when you play an episode.

Incidentally, I have discovered how to get back to the folder containing all the episodes when you are playing an episode and you don't know which it is.

While the recording is playing, get the program information by HOME > DOWN ARROW > LEFT ARROW > scroll left until you find the recording now playing > press OK. This takes you inside the folder and you can now choose which episode to play.

Can someone confirm please.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 14:38:31 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yep, confirmed, as per my other message.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 15:07:26 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Got it!
    If there is a "yet to be recorded TV programme" in the folder, then you get taken inside the folder when you press OK. The PLAY / PAUSE etc buttons do not work when you play an episode.
    If there is not a "yet to be recorded TV programme" in the folder, then you do not get taken inside the folder when you press OK, and a random? episode plays. The PLAY / PAUSE etc buttons do work when you play an episode.
    Incidentally, I have discovered how to get back to the folder containing all the episodes when you are playing an episode and you don't know which it is.
    While the recording is playing, get the program information by HOME > DOWN ARROW > LEFT ARROW > scroll left until you find the recording now playing > press OK. This takes you inside the folder and you can now choose which episode to play.
    Can someone confirm please.

Confirmed by me also.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 15:52:25 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Thanks for the confirmations. I have emailed Humax with the findings.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 16:02:05 #34 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Barry - 1 week ago  » 

Stephenesque - 4 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 2 days ago  » 
    Your software version will have been updated to 1.01.25

How does one get the new software?
    I tried a software update but after 4 or 5 minutes it said that no new software had been detected. I am on software 1.01.11 last updated, automatically while I was on holiday, on the 27th April.

It is a phased roll out.
    Try again next week.

Thanks, Barry; it updated itself last week whilst I was away on holiday.

The EPG is much better but I see that the 'Delete' function hasn't yet been fixed.

| Mon 18 Jul 2016 13:03:13 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

The Genre Search only covers one day. My 9200T seems to cover everything in the Freeview schedule. I used to reserve all the films of interest in the freeview schedule every 5 days or so on my 9200T. Is there a satisfactory way of doing this with the FVP4000T ?

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:00:52 #36 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I don't know of any way of doing this on the 4000T other than the way I do, using a printed TV guide and the Search function on the Humax.

This is the way I've always done it, even with my 9200T, adding films to my schedule based on the review, star rating and cast, so the limitations of the Genre function on the 4000T don't bother me.
    But I can see how frustrating they must be to someone who used them on their previous box, and hopefully Humax will address this in a future update.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:33:30 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

Stephenesque - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know of any way of doing this on the 4000T other than the way I do, using a printed TV guide and the Search function on the Humax.
    This is the way I've always done it, even with my 9200T, adding films to my schedule based on the review, star rating and cast, so the limitations of the Genre function on the 4000T don't bother me.
    But I can see how frustrating they must be to someone who used them on their previous box, and hopefully Humax will address this in a future update.

Yes, I use your way as wellto spot some That I rejected using my method. Problem is the newspapers only give minmal or no information for some channels that are receivable

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:47:49 #38 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Brian9200T - 12 minutes ago  » 

Yes, I use your way as wellto spot some That I rejected using my method. Problem is the newspapers only give minmal or no information for some channels that are receivable

I don't buy newspapers, I use the Total TV Guide, but like you say this isn't foolproof as although it does show star ratings for all the films it doesn't review them all and there are a couple of channels missing including Movies for Men.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 11:09:06 #39 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.