My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

IanG62 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Skip forward and back has checked out OK, many thanks.
    I did a further sense check on the resetting of Grid view to List last night, set it to Grid and used OK, this morning it had reverted to List confirming the issue.

Yep, confirmed, will highlight to those who need to know.

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 12:02:03 #261 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

IanG62

Hi Barry,

Glad it is not just me then, many thanks for checking.

Any ideas on discrete power IR codes, and any other available for that matter ?

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 12:47:08 #262 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

clanhan

Hi

Have you any idea of how to turn off the text that appears in the top left hand corner when using Netflix on the Humax 5000T?

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 15:53:45 #263 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

clanhan - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    Have you any idea of how to turn off the text that appears in the top left hand corner when using Netflix on the Humax 5000T?

If you mean the playback controls they should just go away after a short period. If not it's likely your TV is generating it. Look for a info (i) button on the TV remote control.

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:17:06 #264 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

clanhan - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Have you any idea of how to turn off the text that appears in the top left hand corner when using Netflix on the Humax 5000T?

If you are talking about the options for subtitles etc, then on mine it dissapears after a few moments.

If however you mean the information underneath that, about the media being viewed which includes timings from start and remaining, download speed, audio: English Stereo Time text etc. then that has also appeared on my 5000t and I have just been playing but nothing seems to remove it.

So, to double check it isn't the TV I have just resumed the same programme on Netflix on my Fire TV box and the text isn't there. Backed out and back again into the 5000t and the text reappears and is so far unshiftable. I've repeated this several times with no change. I've just checked the same Netflix programme on a DTRT2100 and the text isn't appearing on that box.

it seems that it isn't the TV but the 5000t it seems.

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:36:52 #265 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I just played back some Netflix content without issue using my 5000T.

What content were you playing so I can check if it's content specific ?

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:43:00 #266 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Hi Graham, I just picked the firsr that appeared which happened to be "Stranger things" - also just tried it on the Bt box but it isn't happening on that. Just tried again on the 5000t and it is still there. It also takes considerably longer to load on the 5000t than on the BT and Fire TV boxes and starts the programme sound whilst still buffering and still showing the basic programme info.

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:46:05 #267 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

uk1 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham, I just picked the firsr that appeared which happened to be "Stranger things" - also just tried it on the Bt box but it isn't happening on that. Just tried again on the 5000t and it is still there. It also takes considerably longer to laos on the 5000t than on the bt and Fire tV boxes and starts the programme sound whilst still buffering.

Going to try it out now. I have already watched both series of Stranger Things. I can try it on a Humax HDR-1000S as well. I will be back shortly

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:51:45 #268 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

I'm sort of hoping for the reassurance that it is your box as well as at least that would mean it isn't just me and clanhan!

At the moment I'm inclined to keep the box if it doesn't have any further quirks .... but Netflix on the box isn't a bother to me!

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:53:59 #269 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Playing back Stranger Things Series 1 Ep 01 nothing on screen but the video. Netflix did seem to take longer to load than usual, guessing the servers are busy. Playback of Audio and Video near instant after selecting the episode. Been playing OK for 3.5 mins. Pause and resume worked fine back to just video.

This doesn't mean it's just a couple of users. Likely pot luck which server you happen to get.

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 16:59:29 #270 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.