My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New FVP4000T probs: storage, move/copy, info rec

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanbo

I've just upgraded? (from HDR FoxT2) and I'm having trouble like many people with the UI:

1. Storage – when I go to Home/Recordings/Storage I see the progamme I have recorded on the Internal HDD. However, when I go to Home/Media Centre/Internal HDD this recording does not show up. Why is this?
    2. Move and Copy – I can move or copy programmes between the Internal HDD and an external USB hard drive. I also have NAS, a 4Tb WD MyCloud. I cannot move or copy programmes to or from this NAS, even though the handbook says the FVP4000T is “a home network device capable of sharing media files with other home network devices such as the …. NAS”.
    3. Subtitles – When I play files recorded by HDR FoxT2 on any of the storage (internal HDD, external USB drive, NAS) subtitles are not available.
    4. Info on recordings – I cannot find any way of showing information on recorded programmes, a facility which was available on the HDR FoxT2.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Alan

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 11:21:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

There are several problems with the media server implementation on the the FVP-4000T, most of which are well-documented on this forum.

Copying SD recordings (not HD as these are always encrypted) to USB is the only sure-fire way for some of us of getting our SD recordings off the Humax.

Richard

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 20:19:35 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

alanbo - 21 hours ago  » 
    I've just upgraded? (from HDR FoxT2) and I'm having trouble like many people with the UI:
    4. Info on recordings – I cannot find any way of showing information on recorded programmes, a facility which was available on the HDR FoxT2.
    Any help appreciated.
    Regards
    Alan

Do you mean on internal HDD, during playback, if so see FAQ, if not please expand.

| Thu 28 Apr 2016 9:12:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanbo

Thanks, Barry, I'd already found your post and found info during playback.

I meant info on recorded programmes on internal HDD when they're not being played.

My point 1 - do I assume that recording will not show up at Home/Media Centre/Internal HDD?

My point 2 - do I assume the only way to transfer to and from NAS is via USB?

My point 3 - do I assume recordings saved from HDR Fox T2 will not play with subtitles on internal HDD, USB or NAS. Will recordings made by FVP4000T play with subtitles on any of these media?

| Thu 28 Apr 2016 9:34:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

IslipHumax

Disappointing that there is no reply.

I have exactly the same problem - I cannot 'simply drag/copy' file from the FVP-4000T to my PC. I cannot copy any files in any way from the FVP-4000T and trying to play them in Windows Media Player results in an 'Error'!.

Humax technical support just repeat the same false claim.

Has anyone been able to do what Humax claim is so simple?

I only bought the Humax BECAUSE it was claimed to be so simple.

Not at all happy with Humax.

| Sat 14 May 2016 17:24:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

IslipHumax - 4 hours ago  » 
    Disappointing that there is no reply.
    I have exactly the same problem - I cannot 'simply drag/copy' file from the FVP-4000T to my PC. I cannot copy any files in any way from the FVP-4000T and trying to play them in Windows Media Player results in an 'Error'!.
    Humax technical support just repeat the same false claim.
    Has anyone been able to do what Humax claim is so simple?
    I only bought the Humax BECAUSE it was claimed to be so simple.
    Not at all happy with Humax.

Humax technical support do not understand SMB/CIFS protocols. However, transferring SD files (not HD) over a network to a Windows 10 PC (and possibly Windows 8 although I haven't tried that) is possible. The decrypted SD file resulting from from the transfer is not playable with WMP so you need to download VLC.

You will need to start the network server and SMB server each time you wake up the Humax and look for the Humax under "Computer" rather than "Network".

You cannot use FTP to transfer the SD recordings as they will not be decrypted.

Richard

| Sat 14 May 2016 21:37:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have a NAS and the slightly more basic 2000T and TBH if I want to move a file from the Humax I pop in a micro usb thumb drive 60 gig and use that, just as easy.

I can't think of a situation where I would want to physically move a file from my NAS to the Humax when I can just stream it.

| Sat 14 May 2016 22:38:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Faust - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I have a NAS and the slightly more basic 2000T and TBH if I want to move a file from the Humax I pop in a micro usb thumb drive 60 gig and use that, just as easy.

It depends what you want to do with the recorded file. If you need to do any post-processing (like advert removal) you need to get it onto the PC. Copying to a USB drive and then re-copying to a PC takes a very long time with the FVP-4000T, particularly if you have a large number of recordings to be processed.

Richard

| Sat 14 May 2016 23:06:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

IslipHumax

However, transferring SD files (not HD) over a network to a Windows 10 PC (and possibly Windows 8 although I haven't tried that) is possible. The decrypted SD file resulting from from the transfer is not playable with WMP so you need to download VLC.

Richard, Thanks, I need to take it a step at a time please.

The PC is Windows 7 Professional

I have VLC, and it is my preferred media player

Next -

You will need to start the network server and SMB server each time you wake up the Humax and look for the Humax under "Computer" rather than "Network".

Please explain what you mean by 'start the network and SMB server'?

Today I had the Humax 'on' and could only see it under 'Network' - I have never been able to see it under 'Computer'. To me that is the nub of the problem.

Richard

| Sat 14 May 2016 23:23:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

IslipHumax

Richard,

I have now 'enabled SMB':

To enable or disable SMBv1 on the SMB server, configure the following registry key:
    Registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    Registry entry: SMB1
    REG_DWORD: 0 = Disabled
    REG_DWORD: 1 = Enabled
    Default: 1 = EnabledTo enable or disable SMBv2 on the SMB server, configure the following registry key:
    Registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    Registry entry: SMB2
    REG_DWORD: 0 = Disabled
    REG_DWORD: 1 = Enabled
    Default: 1 = Enabled

Rebooted and no difference!

Screen print of Windows Explorer and Network:

Attachments

1. Network_with_Humax_20160514.jpg (58.3 KB, 12 downloads) 7 years old
    | Sat 14 May 2016 23:57:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.