My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New FVP4000T probs: storage, move/copy, info rec

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

IslipHumax - 5 hours ago  » 
    Mmmm, I bought the Humax specifically because I am not a 'techie' and no-one said that was a prerequisite for copying files! Humax told me that it was 'simple to copy files across to a PC'. It clearly is not, otherwise this post would have a simple, one line reply of how to do it.
    Humax Tech support today have told me to set up an FTP client, as that will work. Now have FileZilla installed, and can now copy the recorded files from the FVP4000-T to my PC!
    Great, BUT, it will not play on VLC - apparently just copying via FTP does not de-encrypt the file, unlike via USB. Yet another fail from Humax.
    Richard

You don't need to be a techie. When you put the thumb drive into the Humax it comes up on screen, all you have to do then is select the programmes you want to copy, click copy and retire for the night. That's hardly rocket science and neither is popping the drive into your PCs usb port either.

Or you could do a free upgrade from W7 which is now old hat to the very good and stable Windows 10. You will have to do this anyway at some point when support ends for W7.

| Mon 16 May 2016 22:47:00 #21 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.