My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

New HDR1100S not receiving signal

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skoggie

Hi,

I bought and successfully set up an 1100S and all was fine. Went away for four days, on my return I get the Receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak message.

I still have my old Humax Foxsat HDR so connected that instead, checked the signal and get a 100% report on both lines.

Is this a known issue? What’s my recommended course of action?

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 18:39:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Welcome to our forum. It's not a known issue. Assuming the unit was new time to contact the seller to replace the unit.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 22:24:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Was the power completely off to the box during the four days? I had a similar experience with a HB1000, a full factory reset restored everything. A mystery as to why it happened.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 18:10:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Sorry, inappropriate suggestion, deleted!

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 20:00:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

worlestone

This happened to mine, connected to a Samsung TV, resolved at the time by plugging in another HDMI device in addition to the box and removing the Anynet+ settings from the TV menu. However has occurred again and only comes on if I switch from the mains.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 21:09:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

laylamacHumax

This is my second Humax when I switched off standby unplugged it as I was going away it never went on when I plugged it in again this happened to the first one, I’ve only had this for 3 months. It was working perfect until it was unplugged not being another as this shouldn’t happen any ideas anyone.

| Sun 19 Jan 2020 19:50:30 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

laylamacHumax - 30 mins ago  » 
    This is my second Humax when I switched off standby unplugged it as I was going away it never went on when I plugged it in again this happened to the first one, I’ve only had this for 3 months. It was working perfect until it was unplugged not being another as this shouldn’t happen any ideas anyone.

The box does overnight housekeeping so your channel database is likely out of date so it should have been left in standby, . A factory reset should rebuild the channel database or leave it powered on for a day or two.

The freesat spec calls for changes to me made automatically. If powered off it cannot possibly do this. Sby power in low power sby is less than 0.5W so so why turn off the power ? The amount of power used is minute even over an extended period.

12 months = 365 x 24 hours = ‭8,760‬ hrs 8760 x 0.5 units/ 1000 to get units = so even if left on for 12 months only about 40 units. For a holiday the cost is minute.

Locate the date you powered off here to see the changes you have missed.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps

| Sun 19 Jan 2020 20:24:29 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

laylamacHumax - 4 hours ago  »  it never went on when I plugged it in again

Can you explain exactly what you mean. If it will not come on, then it will be difficult to do the suggested factory reset, or indeed anything.

| Mon 20 Jan 2020 0:32:44 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.