My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Remote RM-L08

(15 posts)
  1. Gobbl

Gobbl

My new second remote arrived from Humax this morning. It has a slightly different layout to the original and two new buttons Netflix and Recordings (on demand and mute have moved). Glad to finally have a second remote for other rooms, even if a tad expensive at £30.90

Feels a bit firmer button press with less travel than the original, which I like, but that's subjective.

| Fri 13 May 2016 14:07:47 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks for the info.

See link for item via Humax Direct:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/rm-i08u-1.html

Also worth mentioning that there are now re-furbished FVP 4000T 500GB available via Humax Direct.

| Fri 13 May 2016 14:13:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Looks better but still no sign of an Info button....

| Fri 13 May 2016 17:30:27 #3 |
  4. Gobbl

Gobbl

Gobbl - 1 week ago  » 
    My new second remote arrived from Humax this morning. It has a slightly different layout to the original and two new buttons Netflix and Recordings (on demand and mute have moved). Glad to finally have a second remote for other rooms, even if a tad expensive at £30.90
    Feels a bit firmer button press with less travel than the original, which I like, but that's subjective.

Quick update, with the activation/introduction of the Netflix app yesterday, the Netflix button on the new remote works great. Straight into Netflix without first going to on demand.

| Sat 21 May 2016 0:58:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

Slightly miffed early buyers are stuck with the original stiff click remote

| Sat 21 May 2016 9:44:02 #5 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Hmm... the link Barry gives takes you to the page for buying this remote, which says it is the original remote for FVP 4000T. I prefer it to the one I got with my kit which has the OK and surrounding buttons in a flat panel. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have "X'd" out meaning just to scroll left or down. Might be worth investing £27. R-

| Sat 21 May 2016 11:27:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevmull

Does the vol control the TV's vol rather than the vol of the stb?
    Probably not.

All other devices i hae owned all control the TV's native vol. I have no idea why Humax have always been the exception to the rule. It's quite annoying and you end up with two vols out of synch!

| Sun 22 May 2016 22:43:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I just set the Humax vol to max and use the TV control for fine tuning the volume.

| Mon 23 May 2016 14:11:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Has the REPEAT SEND been cancelled on the new remote control?

Press GUIDE and hold it down. Does the Humax go to Guide, then to TV, then to Guide, then to TV etc for as long as you hold the button down?

Also, press " 1 " as though switching to BBC1, and hold it down. Do the blue figures at the top right go 1 > 11 > 111 > 1111 very quickly?

Also, press POWER ON/OFF and hold it down. Does the Humax cycle ON > OFF > ON.

My original remote control has a very fast repeat - it is extremely easy to hold down the button for a fraction too long and send repeats.

This could also be addressed in a future release of the Humax set top box software so it might not be fixed in the remote control at this time.

| Tue 24 May 2016 15:02:32 #9 |
  10. Gobbl

Gobbl

JohnH77 - 16 hours ago  » 
    Has the REPEAT SEND been cancelled on the new remote control?
    Press GUIDE and hold it down. Does the Humax go to Guide, then to TV, then to Guide, then to TV etc for as long as you hold the button down?
    Also, press " 1 " as though switching to BBC1, and hold it down. Do the blue figures at the top right go 1 > 11 > 111 > 1111 very quickly?
    Also, press POWER ON/OFF and hold it down. Does the Humax cycle ON > OFF > ON.

The repeat send is the same on the new remote, although it's never been an issue for me. It's a much better feel than the original and RogerB is correct about the buttons around the OK, it's much easier as they now have a raised profile.
    My original remote control has a very fast repeat - it is extremely easy to hold down the button for a fraction too long and send repeats.
    This could also be addressed in a future release of the Humax set top box software so it might not be fixed in the remote control at this time.

| Wed 25 May 2016 7:53:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.