My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Remote RM-L08

(15 posts)
  1. Gobbl

Gobbl

Gobbl - 3 minutes ago  » 

JohnH77 - 16 hours ago  » 
    Has the REPEAT SEND been cancelled on the new remote control?
    Press GUIDE and hold it down. Does the Humax go to Guide, then to TV, then to Guide, then to TV etc for as long as you hold the button down?
    Also, press " 1 " as though switching to BBC1, and hold it down. Do the blue figures at the top right go 1 > 11 > 111 > 1111 very quickly?
    Also, press POWER ON/OFF and hold it down. Does the Humax cycle ON > OFF > ON.

My original remote control has a very fast repeat - it is extremely easy to hold down the button for a fraction too long and send repeats.
    This could also be addressed in a future release of the Humax set top box software so it might not be fixed in the remote control at this time.

The repeat send is the same on the new remote, although it's never been an issue for me. It's a much better feel than the original and RogerB is correct about the buttons around the OK, it's much easier as they now have a raised profile.

| Wed 25 May 2016 7:57:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have "X'd" out meaning just to scroll left or down. Might be worth investing £27. R-

I agree 100%! I have rasised it as an issue with Humax. It is so frustrating - I scroll through conntless recordings, taking many key clicks, and one X error, and I am back to where I started.

A somewhat cheaper solution is to fix a Tactile&tag=blusas008-21 Marker to the OK button so you know where it is by feel.

I would miss the Mute button as I do not use the TV remote control, and use it frequently. Still, I guess the fast repeat is an advantage here - I don't have to hold the VOL DOWN button for very long

| Wed 25 May 2016 8:29:10 #12 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Great Idea John - I have some of those little sticky feet that you use to stop things sliding about (somewhere) which will be just the job. Thanks, R-

| Wed 25 May 2016 8:55:28 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

RogerB
    Why not go for some moving Raised Eyes or Smiley faces
    You can even get 300 for £1.36 here

| Wed 25 May 2016 11:48:48 #14 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thank you John - far too "out there" for me. I'll try to find my feet, so to speak. R-

| Wed 25 May 2016 12:50:57 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.