My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Software UKTFAE 1.03.47

(41 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

grahamlthompson - 18 hours ago  » 
    Afaik know it is just a update linked to the GPRD regs.
    After the update you just have to confirm you are happy for Humax to contact you by registered contact details.
    Basically a non-event

I think that was for version 1.03.45 only. I did have to accept the new GDPR T&C's back in Aug/Sep but not for the new 1.03.47. I believe if the new version included another T&C update then not asking you to agree to any changes would be a GDPR breach. I certainly have not been asked this time.

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 17:02:53 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I also had to agree to t&c with the 45 few but I didn't with this new 47 fw. I have also emailed them last night and still no reply

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 17:20:14 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Has annyone managed to get a reply from humax about this new fw?

I emailed them a good few days back, but still had no reply from them as to what the fw changes.

their website still lists the .45 fw as the latest as well not the newer .47 one.

I'm just intregued if this update does fix anything or if its just another update to something like the policy etc..

I do have a couple of little bugs, one mainly being sometimes i turn the unit on, then once its on i might press the guide button and then the unit turns off as i have pressed the power button.

This happens only now and then and up to now it's not done it since the update, but it may just not have done it yet so too early to tell if this issue has fixed or not.

| Sun 13 Jan 2019 13:02:04 #23 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Just had a reply.
    The update addresses issues with the player for Demand 5.

David.

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 19:01:46 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I also had a reply from Humax today, although in my reply, they didn't say what the changes actually are.

Instead they gave me a link which directed me to the 5000T support page on their website and said if i look there it will tell me what i want to know.

I replied telling them that the old software is still listed on this page so doesn't tell me what i wanted to know.

They haven't replied to that yet.

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 20:28:27 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

How do I find out what software I'm running? I've no idea if mine has updated itself or not.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:34:24 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Press the white Freeview play button, go to settings then system settings, you see your software info in there and can also check for updates

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:37:12 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Super, thank you
    Should I need to check for updates myself or will it do it automatically?

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:44:33 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

It does auto update but I'm not sure how often it checks, the update before this latest one by box told me it was updated when I turned it on, this time I manually checked and it found the update.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:47:46 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Oh OK, thank you. This will be my first update with the box so it's all new to me and I've not overly techy so all the help is much appreciated.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:51:40 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.