My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Software UKTFAE 1.03.47

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Christina2018 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Oh OK, thank you. This will be my first update with the box so it's all new to me and I've not overly techy so all the help is much appreciated.

Ours auto updated without any manual intervention; a manual check for the software a few days earlier didn't find anything. I would guess this means it is a phased roll-out of the new software based perhaps on the MAC address of the box to keep the load on the Humax servers at a reasonable level.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:21:40 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can anyone with a 5000T that hasn't updated check this out ? Suspect the update has changed how the led status indication has changed.

Now programme a recording during the recording period with the box in sby, does the led remain red when the recording should have started ?

While watching the box on a TV start a recording. Press the power off button so the box returns to sby (the TV goes blank).

What colour is the led ?

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 16:22:55 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Mine has auto-updated itself too. I've no idea what the changes are though as I haven't seen anything new yet. It didn't ask me to agree to any new terms either (as I know it has some people but not others).

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 11:13:37 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Humax sent me another email today saying they do not know the changes in the new software and when they find out they will update the website.
    WTF? How can they not know what the charges are lol

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 14:12:55 #34 |
  5. michaelangelo

michaelangelo

I feel that every time I contact 'support', that they just have numerous scripts on their screens(which they hope will cover all problems and queries) and therefore can't answer any questions outside of these scripts.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 15:24:45 #35 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

james_uk - 21 hours ago  » 
    Humax sent me another email today saying they do not know the changes in the new software and when they find out they will update the website.
    WTF? How can they not know what the charges are lol

I'm not surprised Humax lost the 3rd generation Freesat box contract to Arris if they don't even know what fixes are in their own firmware!

I had hoped that now they only had Freeview to concentrate on they may improve the offering and try to keep the remaining customers happier.

However, I'm not holding my breath.

| Fri 18 Jan 2019 11:17:23 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

davidrew - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Anyone know what's in the update?

The release notes state:

New Features and Improvements
    -. Demand5 Content Play Issue Fixed.

| Mon 21 Jan 2019 9:55:56 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Ah yes think they have been released either today or last night, i can't believe this is all they think to update though giving how many little bugs people have reported on here.

| Mon 21 Jan 2019 20:49:28 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lednuc

I haven't received the latest update yet.
    I'm hoping it might help with my problem. I had a 4000 box which worked perfectly for nearly two years, apart from just before Christmas it would no longer stream live programs from the BBC Sports app. Everything else in that app worked perfectly whether choosing the app by 'Picks' or by the 'red' button - but live streams came up with the white rotating disk for 30 seconds and the message 'Something has gone wrong'.
    I followed instructions from Humax Support, trying going back to default, checking internet lines and strength (50Mbt), etc. Everything else worked perfectly - all other 'Picks' etc., but not the Sports app live stream.
    After trying all ideas, Humax changed my box under warranty. All excitement after Christmas when the replacement box arrived. Guess what? - exactly the same problem - no BBC Sports live stream and the dreaded 'Something has gone wrong message!!!
    ANY SUGGESTIONS? I MISS MY SNOOKER AND WINTER SPORTS!!!

| Mon 4 Feb 2019 15:56:56 #39 |
  10. HughieDad

HughieDad

Just checked and mine has updated to 1.03.47 22 Nov. 2018.
    It is sad that Humax haven't fixed any of the annoying software 'traits'. The people on this forum provide so much valuable feedback and it is simply ignored.

| Thu 7 Feb 2019 13:30:58 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.