My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software version 1.00.22

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

ian-d - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Unfortunately it seems if you phone Humax up (and eventually get through after an hour or so!) mentioning one of the common well known recording issues (such as from standby, or issues with the second tuner), you will either me told that Humax are aware of it and working on a fix; or that your receiver is faulty and must be returned to the retailer! Clearly Humax need to get together and decide what approach to take rather than potentially inconveniencing the consumer with misinformation.
    This update goes a long way to resolving the standby issue, but they need to get a much larger update out (over-the-air) urgently before too much damage is done to theirs and freesat's reputation.
    It will be a cracking product once these fixes are sorted; as the unit was prior to the last ota update.

Sorry I am new to this box what is the issue with the second tuner?

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 17:35:47 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There is no problem with the second tuner other then as per our FAQ, which in all honesty can hardly be described as an issue.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 18:24:35 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    There is no problem with the second tuner other then as per our FAQ, which in all honesty can hardly be described as an issue.

Not in the slightest bit true; the second tuner is also preventing second recordings from taking place too; a further issue within the software Humax are aware of.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 20:32:32 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ian-d - 34 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

Not in the slightest bit true; the second tuner is also preventing second recordings from taking place too; a further issue within the software Humax are aware of.

I don't recognise this as an issue in any way. Please explain.

Never seen such an issue posted anywhere either.

None of the recoeding failures since 1.0.16 are in any way related to some sort of problem with the second tuner. Despite an intensive recording schedule not lost any recordings since 1.06.22 and two tuners are in use pretty well all the time.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 21:08:14 #34 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ian-d - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

Every instance I have seen reported has been associated with poor connections, or set up incorrectly - caveat not including any reports on the freesat community forum which is as much use as the proverbial.

and

Since the advent of 1.00.22 I have personally not witnessed any recording failures, or seen any reported for that matter.

There is no problem with the second tuner, bar the strength/quality indication which has been explained time and time again in many places.

Now back on topic for this thread please.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 22:13:08 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

i dont agree. i agree with ian d. i also have difficulty recording two programmes at once and i have no problems with poor connection and it is not set up incorrectly. i have troubleshooted and taken instruction from forum people re what to check and when to check. the troubleshooting tests come back clear but still the box has problems recording two programmes simultaneously, often. i have reported this on this website before.

i have not yet tried the software upgrade. i am only on here tonight because i have single programmes not recording (let alone two simultaneous recordins).

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 23:06:16 #36 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Well for a start you need to upgrade the software as this does fix at least one of the recording issues, probably two in fact.

Having reviewed your posts on here not one mentions problems with recording 2 channels - continue that issue in another thread that is relevant or start a new one if you still require help, after you have uploaded new softwareof course.

I'll repeat this one last time, thread is to remain on topic ie about software version 1.00.22

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 23:22:58 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

garethdphillips

Do any people in the know have any info relating to the OTA update we are waiting for? I have installed the Beta, which has fixed the recording issue, but I am hoping for a few other fixes to land soon.

Any idea when? I was told it may be around the 14th by somebody at Humax support?

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 9:13:00 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

garethdphillips - 11 hours ago  » 
    Do any people in the know have any info relating to the OTA update we are waiting for? I have installed the Beta, which has fixed the recording issue, but I am hoping for a few other fixes to land soon.
    Any idea when? I was told it may be around the 14th by somebody at Humax support?

Would answer, but not allowed to go off topic (psstt, end of March)

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 20:24:13 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

garethdphillips

Wow, I'm shocked they'd make us wait that long. I hope there is more within it than just the recording from standby fix

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 23:02:18 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.